Sailor AB / The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE: Sailor AB
REPORTS TO: Second Officer / Bosun
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Sailor AB is a rating member of the Nautical Department who performs watch duties on the bridge and assists with maintenance of the exterior of the yacht and deck equipment. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Assures the highest standards of navigational safety at sea, by assisting the watch Officer in lookout and
helmsman duties. While in port, the Sailor AB maintains strict security protocol during periods of Gangway
02. Provides a safe, comfortable and memorable experience for our guests and Ladies and Gentlemen by
expertly driving Tenders and Zodiacs and assisting with set up and take down of watersports equipment
03. Maintain the highest standards of maintenance and cleanliness by performing deck maintenance under the
direction of the Bosun or Chief Officer, which consists of, but is not limited to, chipping, scaling, scraping,
priming, painting, sounding and/or cleaning of tanks, cleaning the ship's hull, decks, deck machinery, safety
equipment, and superstructure. These duties will include working aloft and working over the side of the yacht
04. Promotes safe and environmentally sound working practices through responsible behavior and adherence to
05. Participates as Assistant Boat Commander for tenders that act as Lifeboats in drills and on Station Bill
06. Participation in mooring and anchoring evolutions and rigs cargo, baggage and tender handling gear and
opens/closes hatches and side shell doors
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. 2 years' experience as a Sailor on a luxury cruise vessel
03. Tender driver certificate
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (105)
- Beauty Jobs (59)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (91)
- Engine Jobs (149)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (478)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (68)
- Management Jobs (36)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (24)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (27)