Bosun / The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE: Bosun
REPORTS TO: Chief Officer
DIRECT REPORTS: Sailor A/B & Sailor O/S
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Bosun is the highest-ranking rating in the Nautical Department and is in charge of all subordinate nautical ratings on the yacht. The Bosun supervises and coaches the Sailors and Carpenters and together with the Chief Officer plans and schedules all regular cleaning and maintenance which is not performed by the technical department. This includes cleaning and painting of the yacht's hull, decks, superstructure and all deck equipment. The Bosun assigns daily tasks to the nautical ratings, ensuring work is performed to the highest standard. The Bosun plays a key role in mooring, anchoring, tendering, watersports, and Zodiac operations and maintenance and as such is well versed in handling lines and boats. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Responsible for maintaining and cleaning the ship's exterior. Ensures the yacht appears spotlessly clean and exceptionally well maintained at all times
02. Assists with interior paintwork in order to maintain the highest standards (when required)
03. Responsible for the Bosun Store and inventory, ensuring it is kept clean, tidy and well maintained at all times, and stock and inventory control is accurate
04. Schedules routine tasks around operational demands so as to maximize the working efficiency of the nautical department, and maintain the yacht and service to our guests and Ladies and Gentlemen, to the highest standard
05. Schedules employees for tender service and watersports activities. Provides coaching and training to employees in these duties to maintain the highest possible service standards to our guests
06. Promotes the highest standards of Safety, Public Health, Security and Environmental compliance at all times and is an integral part of the Safety Committee
07. Supervises raising and lowering of tenders and zodiacs during operations, abandon ship drills and emergencies
08. Participates in, and supervises, mooring and anchoring operations
09. Responsible for the below Nautical (Deck) Department Responsibilities as defined in the Company's Safety Management System; deck maintenance, deck department inventory control, mooring stations and tender operations
10. Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Three (3) years' experience as a Bosun on small luxury cruise vessel
03. Rating forming part of a navigational watch certificate 04. Tender driver certificate
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (105)
- Beauty Jobs (59)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (91)
- Engine Jobs (149)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (478)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (68)
- Management Jobs (36)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (24)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (27)