Facilities Cleaning Manager (Cruise Ship)
Facilities Cleaning Manager (Cruise Ship) - $competitive per month on board
- Meets daily with the Executive Housekeeper to go over the cleaning of the day and any special areas that needs to be agreed on.
- Is responsible to oversee the day to day cleaning of all guest facing public areas and office spaces.
- Organizes and supervises the team of Facility cleaners both on day and night shifts , ensuring guest facing areas are kept in the highest possible state of cleanliness and repair.
- Supervises the team of facility cleaners working on the open decks and pool areas.
- Liaises and coordinates with the Hotel Maintenance Manager any maintenance concerns in front of the house areas.
- Liaises with the Staff Captain ensuring effective and punctual cleaning of all Open Decks – as per the Cleaning Responsibility Matrix
- Ensures full compliance of the Facilities Cleaning team with Public Health and company´s procedures.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
. A minimum of three years’ experience in facilities Cleaning management in a large hospitality/hotel or resort environment or equivalent shipboard experience.
. Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes for the entire facility operation. Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of a facility cleaning operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control.
. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement of quality service standards.
. Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.
. Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work. Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment.
. Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
. Ability to produce meaningful reports for the ships executive teams, read and understand financial statements from his area
. Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
. Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading Cruise lines and become part of an outstanding multi-cultural team that continues to win awards in all categories.
Please contact us to discuss current rotations and salary levels. We are arranging interviews now so please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
- Accommodation Jobs (84)
- Beauty Jobs (43)
- Casino Jobs (23)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (70)
- Engine Jobs (114)
- Entertainment Jobs (146)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (354)
- Guest Services Jobs (52)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (30)
- Management Jobs (18)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Office Jobs (45)
- Photography Jobs (29)
- Retail Jobs (31)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (15)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (19)
- Other Jobs (20)