Senior Yacht Manager - Hill Robinson USA
A successful Senior Yacht Manager with Hill Robinson USA will have demonstrated experience and knowledge of the yachting industry. This position involves working to ensure resources are in place for the smooth and safe operation of our fleet vessels. Areas of responsibility include safety and compliance administration, technical and emergency support, crew management, financial administration and shoreside support. The Senior Yacht Manager is the central point of contact for all vessel operations and is responsible for regular reporting to the owner. The Senior Yacht Manager will also be the direct line manager for two Yacht Administrators.
- Point of contact for captains; effectively and efficiently communicate with captains and crew.
- Monitor monthly budgets and communicate/anticipate overages, purchasing and spending thresholds; approve invoices, advice on monthly funding requests.
- Coordinate and review insurance, VSAT (and other communications,) vendor and other service contracts and T&C’s.
- Produce monthly and yearly owner reports.
- Faciliate good flow of communication between yacht and other departments at Hill Robinson.
Safety Administration and Technical Support:
- Yacht compliance working directly with applicable Flag states, Class societies and Port State Control.
- Using HRclick, monitor ships documents; oversee and instruct upload / download accounts, photos, forms and certificates by the yacht administrator.
- Review ISM meetings and follow through to close open issues.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Working with the vessels, update and produce safety manuals, annual SMA and SSP reviews.
- Liaise with the project manager to assist with refit work; arrange statutory Class and Flag surveys and attendance.
- Support yachts in emergencies including incident/accident reporting and insurance claim coordination.
- Working with the employer, coordinate all captain and crew employment procedures and employment terms.
- Advise on crew selection; ensure certification is correctly verified; coordinate employment contracts with employer.
- Manage and review annual crew appraisals; advice on dismissals; coordination of departures and/or terminations.
- Working with the employer and yacht accountant, monitor payroll and communicate changes and/or other issues.
- Develop relationships with Hill Robinson preferred vendors and contractors and be able to advise yachts as needed.
- Assist with dockage, bunkering and supplies when requested, working with the Hill Robinson Procurement department.
Salary: DOE - paid in USD
US passport/Green Card essential
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (58)
- Restaurant Jobs (27)
- Beverages Jobs (12)
- Provisions Jobs (2)
- Deck Jobs (9)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (12)
- Guest Services Jobs (15)
- Retail Jobs (12)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (33)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (15)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (14)
- Medical Jobs (11)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (1)
- Casino Jobs (1)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (1)
- Administration Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (5)
- Other Cruise Jobs (8)
- Private Estate Jobs (9)