Ocean Cruises Bar Waiter f/m
Ocean Cruises Bar Waiter f/m
EU passport: No
Type of Cruise: Ocean Cruise
Salary (Net): €1400- €1800
Key areas of responsibility:
- To greet Guests in a professional manner and to provide them with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- To prepare cocktail garnishes for service and to prepare tables for guests.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and to follow the detail of USPH and HACCP standards at all times.
- To follow and execute the Shipboard Sanitation Program and to complete and update all Sanitation Log sheets.
- Do additional duties in other departments (Loading, storing, luggage etc.,) as necessary.
- To ensure that equipment is properly and securely stored away when not on duty and to keep assigned area clean and tidy at all times.
- To keep lockers organized, clean and tidy at all times in accordance to safety rules and regulations.
- To report work orders to their Supervisors when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to Chief Bartender in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned by the supervisors, but not limited to the above.
- To follow instructions given by Bartenders, Chief Bartender, Maitre D and Hotel Manager.
- High school Diploma or other relevant apprenticeship in the food service industry required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a luxury hotel or one (1) year onboard a cruise ship in similar position.
- Very good spoken English.
- Advanced German skills, any additional foreign language would be a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Good product and beverage knowledge.
- Must have very good organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must undergo on-board USPH and HACCP training. Previous knowledge in this area is a plus.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- Must be service minded with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality
- STCW Certificates: Basic Safety, Crowd Management, Security Awareness
- Seaman´s book
- Medical certificate issued by an approved seafarer´s doctor
Reports to Sous Chef and Executive Chef
Between 1400 to 1800 Euro
(The tips are included and always depending on the amount of guests onboard) ( Tips included )
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, German
- Housekeeping Jobs (13)
- Galley Jobs (40)
- Restaurant Jobs (26)
- Beverages Jobs (14)
- Provisions Jobs (1)
- Deck Jobs (27)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (24)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (8)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (27)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (5)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (0)
- Medical Jobs (15)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (1)
- Management Jobs (0)
- Administration Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (1)
- Other Cruise Jobs (2)
- Private Estate Jobs (1)