3rd Officer / cruise vessel Piano Land
All roles advertised at this time, are for pooling and joining dates will be subject to change.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Chinese speaking 3RD OFFICERS ( assistant watch keepers ) for cruise vessel PIANO LAND, which sail on an Asian Itinerary.
Pianoland, the First Ship for Astro Cruises, has been designed exclusively for Chinese National Guests.
Embarkation November/December 2020
Contract 4 months +/-1
Wages in USD/per month worked on board - to be advised upon interview
Required: cruise ships experience as such, valid Certificates, valid FAST RESCUE BOAT Certificate
License / Qualification requirements;
Required - OOW Unlimited
Line Manager; Staff Captain
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Deck Department Responsibility 23 - Bridge Watchkeeping
- Keeping bridge watches as the JOOW as required and identified by the Master in accordance with the Safety Management Manual, Marine Operations.
- The composition of each watch is to be adequate and appropriate to the prevailing circumstances and conditions.
- In normal operating conditions the composition of the watches will be (at minimum) 2 certified Deck Officer and 1 able seaman.
- The watch composition in conditions other than normal will be set by the Master e.g. restricted visibility, ice zone, high traffic density, manoeuvring, etc.
- The completion of rounds at the end of each watch, including those areas that are necessary for ensuring the safety, security and good order of the vessel, her crew and passengers.
Deck Department Responsibility 24 - Mooring Stations
- Attending mooring stations as instructed by the Staff Captain.
- Supervising crew assigned to mooring stations and ensuring that mooring operations are conducted in accordance with the advice in the Code of Safe Working Practice.
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist Safety Officer with Deck Department Responsibility 4 - Safety Training
Responsibility for the implementation and conduct of safety training following the procedures and instructions established in Company manuals including this manual, the Fleet Operations Manuals, the Muster List/Bill and the Shipboard Emergency Organization (SEO) if available. He is to have a thorough knowledge of the Legislation involved in these matters.
This responsibility includes:
- Conducting ship induction and training for all ship's personnel with particular reference to watertight doors, firefighting and lifesaving procedures and appliances.
- Appraisal and training of all on board re occupational health and safety procedures including the Company's Safety Management System (policy, procedures, instructions, standing orders, rules, regulations, etc.), the Code of Safe Working Practice (COSWOP) and the Code of Conduct.
- Maintaining the Muster List, including co-ordination and organisation of all aspects of the SEO (when available) including its current documentation and the distribution and display of relevant information.
Assist Staff Captain with Deck Department Responsibility 20 - Cadet Training
Responsibility for co-coordinating Cadet training on board and ensuring that any training programmes or requirements are adhered to.
Assist Staff Captain with Deck Department Responsibility 25 - Tender Operations
Assisting in tendering operations as required by the Staff Captain.
- Assist with arrival and departure
- Complete associated paperwork (e.g Shipsure, VSMs, scanning Stability, FW log)
- Assist with Staff Captain's Maintenance
- Complete WTD general closure each week
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Coach and train cadets.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Master and/or Head of Department.
Good knowledge of the Mandarin language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (14)
- Galley Jobs (29)
- Restaurant Jobs (12)
- Beverages Jobs (8)
- Provisions Jobs (5)
- Deck Jobs (17)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (28)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (5)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (19)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (7)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (11)
- Medical Jobs (14)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (0)
- Administration Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (2)
- Other Cruise Jobs (3)
- Private Estate Jobs (1)