Doctor / cruise vessel Piano Land
We are currently recruiting for experienced Chinese speaking DOCTOR for PIANO LAND.
The vessel sail with Chinese National guests onboard, with an international crew operating initially in Chinese waters.To be considered for a role with Pianoland, you will require previous experience as doctor on cruise vessel , all valid Certificates, good previous records/recommendations
The salary is in USD/per month worked - will be discussed upon interview !
The Contract is 4 months +/-1
Embarkation October/November 2020
- Responsible to provide high quality individualized daily medical care to guests and crew through a clinic service and on-call provision in accordance with Company Policies, any National or International standards and in compliance with Public Health or any other prescribed regulations.
- Reporting directly to the Captain.
- Oversees and manages the medical department onboard.
- Performs routine and emergency care to guests and crew. Diagnosing and treating medical conditions, disorders and diseases through the application of specialist medical skills and knowledge.
- Undertakes guest and crew consultations and physical examinations.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable with the operation and location of all life-saving, fire-fighting and pollution prevention equipment.
- Oversees the regular inventories of medical equipment and medicines, cross checking for maintenance requirements, calibration and expiring/expired medicines. Ensures that all medication is maintained on a first in first out basis and all expired medicine is removed and properly disposed of.
- Holds twice daily clinics for guests and crew at times set forth by the Company.
- Attends medical emergencies onboard as a first responder and takes appropriate action, instructing and guiding medical teams on use of equipment and administering first aid.
- Must be able to perform basic life support and advanced cardiac life support.
- Applies surgical dressings and performs other types of treatment as prescribed by physicians. Must have the ability to perform minor surgeries.
- Complies with all CDC related medical procedures including data collection, definitions, records, logs, questionnaires, retention and special reports.
- Prescribes medication following consultations to guests and crew.
- Ensures sufficient stock of medicines is always available.
- Refers guests and crew ashore for specialist appointments.
- Oversees and manages the budget for the medical center.
- Accurately maintains guest and crew medical files.
- Shares the responsibility with the Nurse for administrative duties.
- Provides advice to guests and crew to stay healthy.
- Conducts training for crew familiarizations and medical teams in conjunction with the Nurse and Safety Officer.
- Carry out hand checks on all galley crew as per schedule and according to Company policies.
- Administer vaccinations as instructed by the Company.
- Accurately complete accident reports.
- Maintains records of medical charges.
- Prepares and submits voyage end reports.
- Prepares medical declarations and reports as required by the authorities in each port of call.
- Carries out drug and alcohol testing under the instruction of the Staff Captain.
- Shares 'on call' duties with the Nurse.
- Keeps in a good state of repair all life saving equipment to ensure a complete state of readiness to meet any emergency requirements.
- Keeps the Master promptly and fully informed of all medical matters of guests and crew and matters of significance or of any emergency case requiring shoreside attention.
- Provides information and consultancy during inspections.
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times with medical matters.
- Accurate completion of log books and other assigned documentation.
- Accountable for ensuring that Company, Public Health, National and International standards are maintained and meeting requirements. Reporting to the Master any instances where the ship is unable or fails to comply.
- Accountable for ensuring that Company, National and International standards are maintained and meeting Public Health requirements.
- Responsible for Medical department working/rest hours and overtime. Maintaining 100% compliance with Company requirements as well as ILO/MLC.
- Practice good people management, maintaining proper conduct with guests and crew at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Registered Doctor.
- Recent Emergency room or critical care background.
- Extensive experience in primary care, trauma, internal medicine and family practice.
- Valid STCW certification.
- Physically and medically fit.
- Moral integrity is required.
- Public Health, Sanitation and Environmental training courses.
- Must have a full knowledge of Public Health rules and regulations.
- Public Health, Coast Guard and Port State Control experience.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the Mandarin language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (14)
- Galley Jobs (29)
- Restaurant Jobs (12)
- Beverages Jobs (8)
- Provisions Jobs (5)
- Deck Jobs (17)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (28)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (5)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (19)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (7)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (11)
- Medical Jobs (14)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (0)
- Administration Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (2)
- Other Cruise Jobs (3)
- Private Estate Jobs (1)