EU passport: No
Type of Cruise: Ocean Cruise
Salary (Net): Non Available
Key areas of responsibility:
- To follow the Supervisor’s instructions for Menu plans and daily preparations.
- To ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To take active part in the actual food preparation.
- To comply with the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH and all other Port Health Authorities) and to follow proper cleaning procedures accordingly.
- To know the requirements of the Menus and to plan for operational needs accordingly.
- To report work orders to his/her Supervisor when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to his/her Supervisor in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above
- Professional Chef Certification or Culinary Academy in the respective country beneficial.
- Minimum of three (3) years expereience in a hotel or restaurant, or three (3) years’ onboard a cruise ship in similar position required.
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is required.
- Basic English.
- Good Spanish
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail.
- Must undergo onboard USPH and HACCP training. Knowledge in this area is a plus.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must have an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
- STCW Certificates: Basic Safety, Crowd Management, Security Awareness
- Seaman´s book
- Medical certificate issued by an approved seafarer´s doctor
Reports to Sous Chef and Executive Chef
Between 1050 to 1450 Euro
(The tips are included and always depending on the amount of guests onboard) ( Tips included )
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (9)
- Galley Jobs (24)
- Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Beverages Jobs (6)
- Provisions Jobs (0)
- Deck Jobs (16)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (21)
- Guest Services Jobs (10)
- Retail Jobs (5)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (19)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (7)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (11)
- Medical Jobs (17)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (1)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (2)
- Administration Jobs (7)
- Land Based Jobs (2)
- Other Cruise Jobs (3)
- Private Estate Jobs (1)