Watersports Coordinator - Tradewind Voyages
ROLE DESCRIPTION – WATERSPORTS COORDINATOR
To assist in the offering of a variety of sport and marina activities. To run training and organise and take part in a full programme of activities both from the ship and on-land. To carry out regular safety checks, ensure all safety briefings take place as well as delivering a variety of different activities
This is a paid position – fee negotiable on experience. Depending on itinerary we expect the contract length to be approximately 4 months on and 1 month off 10 - 18 weeks on and 3-6 weeks off
To host and oversee a range of different activities included but not limited to:
- Scuba Diving
- Dingy Sailing
- Diving lessons
- Diving tours
- Beach Games and activities
Safety is TWV highest priority and the following Safety specific responsibilities are key:
To maintain safety of equipment as the highest proirty at all times
To ensure that all sports activities on board under the management of PEEL are carried out according to PEEL company policy, ship’s rules and regulations, health and safety guidelines, national laws of ports visited and customs regulations.
To ensure that all appropriate safety briefs are carried out and disclaimers/waivers are stored correctly onboard.
To create/implement risk assessments and support in the writing of SOP’s relating to Marine activities.
To carry out any safety duties as required by the Ship’s Master.
To keep regular inventories and update/forecast any need for repairs or replacement of further equipment.
To oversee the correct usage and storage of all sports equipment, reporting any faults, damage and/or replacement requirements to PEEL.
To assist the Voyage Director in the scheduling of passenger sports activities, taking full account of passenger profiles, nationalities and ages. This should take into account guests embarkation questionnaire determining experience and qualities.
To ensure all Marina operations and sports activities are advertised and promoted correctly.
To actively promote sports activities through guest interaction and building a friendly rapport with guests.
To proactively suggest new ideas for the programme that will enhance guest experience.
To ensure a high-quality experience in line with Tradewind Voyages brand proposition.
To act as a figurehead for the sports coordinator team and to lead by example, providing motivation and support.
To support the Destination Service Manager in tour operations where sport or activities are to be planned.
To be an active part of the entertainment team away from the marina – running sporting events and hosting as required.
To take a key role in further developing the wider entertainment activities product, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement and new offerings.
To carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by PEEL or the Voyage Director.
- SCTW_95 (training will be provided if necessary)
- First Aid Certificate
- Lifeguarding Certificate
- At least one of the following – RYA Senior Instructor (Dinghy or windsurf) PADI Diving Instructor/Master, Kite Surfing senior instructor and British Paddleboard level 2 instructor.
- Professional, Diligent, Adventurous Friendly, Knowledgeable, and Passionate
- Knowledge of equipment used in various water sport activities
- Experience of writing and following risk assessments
- Being able to socialise with guests and interact in a relaxed and friendly not over familiar manner
- A pragmatic approach, adapting in line with guests needs and company demands
- Computer literate including good knowledge of PowerPoint/Keynote or Design
- An eye for detail, noticing problems and rectifying or reporting to appropriate colleagues to resolve
- Dedicated flexible team player, with a positive and approachable personality
- Professional appearance and well-groomed
- Able to give and take constructive feedback
- High standard of both written and spoken English language skills
Additional Preferred Qualities
- Experience giving sports lectures and promotional talks
- Previous cruise/yacht experience
- Experience of monitoring and reporting on technical equipment
- Additional skills eg: health and wellbeing such as Yoga/Fitness classes
- An enthusiasm for travel
- Housekeeping Jobs (110)
- Galley Jobs (261)
- Restaurant Jobs (99)
- Beverages Jobs (70)
- Provisions Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (116)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (160)
- Guest Services Jobs (81)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (31)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Entertainment Jobs (160)
- Photography Jobs (17)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Medical Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (8)
- IT Jobs (20)
- Management Jobs (39)
- Administration Jobs (43)
- Land Based Jobs (61)
- Other Cruise Jobs (33)
- Private Estate Jobs (20)