Shop Manager - Tradewind Voyages
ROLE DESCRIPTION – SHOP MANAGER
Please note although title is Shop Manager this individual will be the only person working in the shop onboard.
Job scope: To take ownership of the set up and ongong delivery of the onboard shop
Reporting to: Voyage Director
Role Overview: To run an excellent onboard shop. Processing all transactions, advertising promotions and assisting guests with onboard and online purchases.
Fee: This is a paid position – fee negotiable on experience. Depending on itinerary we expect the contract length to be approximately 4 months on and 4-8 weeks off 9 (itinerary dependant).
Operate the shop during opening hours.
Manage others who may be required to deputise operating the shop.
Replenish stock and create presentations that are aesthetically pleasing and highlight key items.
Ensure new deliveries are added to inventories upon arrival.
Keep regularly updated inventories and forecast any need for further products.
Provide regular reports highlighting key information analysis including commercial results and product analysis.
Liaise with the Voyage Director in regard to promotional material taking full account of passenger profiles, nationalities and ages.
Ensure Shop has correct POS signage that has been signed off by head office in line with Tradewind Voyages branding.
Ensure all Shop promotions are advertised and promoted correctly.
Actively promote shop facilities through guest interaction and building a friendly rapport with guests.
Deliver related talks and demonstrations where appropriate.
Ensure a high-quality experience in line with Tradewind Voyages brand proposition.
Ensure that all shop related work on board, under the management of PEEL, is carried out according to PEEL company policy, ship’s rules and regulations, health and safety guidelines, national laws of ports visited and customs regulations.
Proactively suggest new ideas to generate revenue and increase guest satisfaction.
To take a key role in further developing the shop, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement and new offerings.
Oversee the correct usage and storage of shop products.
Carry out any safety duties as required by the Ships Master.
Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by PEEL and Voyage Director.
- Required STCW certificates (or willing to obtain)
- ENG1 or equivalent Seafarers medical (or willing to obtain)
- Seaman’s book (or willing to obtain)
- Professional, Diligent, Friendly, Knowledgeable, Experienced and Passionate
- Ability to deliver first class customer service
- High level of numeracy and commercial awareness
- High standard of personal grooming and appearance
- Experience of writing and following SOP’s
- Experience of providing sales feedback and reports
- Sales experience (preferably in a high end shop/boutique)
- Understanding of quality products and their benefits
- Being able to socialise with guests and interact in a relaxed and friendly not over familiar manner
- A pragmatic approach, adapting in line with guests needs and company demands
- An eye for detail, noticing problems and rectifying or reporting to appropriate colleagues to resolve
- Dedicated flexible team player, with a positive and approachable personality
- Professional appearance and well-groomed
- Able to give and take constructive feedback
- High standard of both written and spoken English language skills
Additional Preferred Qualities
- Experience giving demonstrations
- Previous cruise/yacht experience
- Experience of monitoring and reporting on sales
- An enthusiasm for travel
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (38)
- Restaurant Jobs (21)
- Beverages Jobs (12)
- Provisions Jobs (3)
- Deck Jobs (20)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (25)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (8)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (15)
- Child Care Jobs (3)
- Entertainment Jobs (16)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (0)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (2)
- Management Jobs (3)
- Administration Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (4)
- Other Cruise Jobs (4)
- Private Estate Jobs (7)