Plumber for Celebrity Cruises
This position shall carry out the work orders given by the Accommodations Maintenance Manager with regards to the performing of maintenance and repair work on the vessel piping systems and other systems similar in nature. He/she must be a skilled worker and be able to carry out all kinds of maintenance and repair work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Celebrity Cruises expects each shipboard employee to consistently exemplify the principles of the STAR Program's Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, Environmental, and Safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
It is every employee's responsibility to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
- Celebrity Cruises places the highest value on the environment and all Crewmembers shall do the same. This position shall work with supervisors and subordinates to understand and comply with the company's environmental policies and be committed to safeguarding the environment. He/shall direct and immediately inform his/her immediate supervisor if any environmental system does not function properly onboard.
- Responsible for the maintenance and conservation of the plumbing, environmental, sanitary and pool systems, including piping, pumps, valves and all other related components.
- He/she has to be able to work alternative shift schedules.
- As necessary, the individual shall be available to perform basic tasks as instructed and directed by their supervisors on the vessel.
The position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
The position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- 2 years previous experience onboard vessels
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to STAR program, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Welder certification (DNV, Lloyds)
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Completed STCW and social responsibility training
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (37)
- Restaurant Jobs (19)
- Beverages Jobs (13)
- Provisions Jobs (4)
- Deck Jobs (29)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (37)
- Guest Services Jobs (10)
- Retail Jobs (4)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (7)
- Child Care Jobs (3)
- Entertainment Jobs (13)
- Photography Jobs (1)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (2)
- Medical Jobs (17)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (1)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (3)
- Management Jobs (2)
- Administration Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (3)
- Other Cruise Jobs (2)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)