HVAC Engineer / SAGA cruises - SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE
We are looking for a HVAC Engineer to join Saga Cruises - SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE
- Start date: 15/May/2021
- Contract type: Fixed term
- Contract 3 months +/-1
Licence / Qualification requirements;
2nd Engineer Unlimited COC or recognised Refrigeration qualification (City and Guilds or NVQ3)
Knowledge of Refrigeration and Refrigerant Gases.
Minimum 3 years' experience as 2nd Engineer or HVAC Engineer on-board a Passenger Ship or Land based Refrigeration/Air conditioning role
STCW certification relevant to this position
Good command of the English language
Knowledge of USPH and international public heath requirements
Previous experience with CO2 refrigeration systems
Previous experience with SRtP vessels
Experience of working with complex automation/energy efficiency modules and systems
Chief Engineer (whilst in new build phase only)
Staff Chief Engineer
Assistant HVAC Engineer(s)
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS - as per Reefer Engineer (equivalent reference)
Technical Department Responsibility 13 - Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Ensure system installation and commissioning is in accordance with the design criteria of the new build specification
- Development and attendance of equipment specific training for the respective areas of responsibility
- Input into standard operation procedures, risk assessments and maintenance tasks requirements for the responsible systems
- Coordination with Chief Engineer and site team (whilst in new build phase) for all HVAC related tasks
- Operation and maintenance of all main air conditioning, refrigeration machinery, fire dampers and technical space fans with specific attention placed on Public Health, SOLAS, Flag and Class items.
* Planning and supervision of any third party works planned in relation to the air conditioning of refrigeration systems on board.
* Maintain all records as required by eVMS, Environmental and Public Health compliance.
* Responsible for safe and correct use, inventory, record keeping and storage of refrigerant gases.
* Maintenance and security of fan rooms and AC stations in line with company requirements
* Supervision and training for direct reports, to ensure their standards of work are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and they have the required skill sets to perform tasks
* Attend to passenger cabin defects effectively and professionally to minimise any effects on the guest experience
The HVAC Engineer's duties will include:
- Prepare appraisals for all direct reports under their remit in accordance with Saga and V.Ships policies
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported in a timely manner
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.
- Attending training and office visits as required by V.Ships and Saga where possible
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (38)
- Restaurant Jobs (21)
- Beverages Jobs (12)
- Provisions Jobs (3)
- Deck Jobs (20)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (25)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (8)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (15)
- Child Care Jobs (3)
- Entertainment Jobs (16)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (0)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (2)
- Management Jobs (3)
- Administration Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (4)
- Other Cruise Jobs (4)
- Private Estate Jobs (7)