IT/Comm. Officer / SILVERSEA cruises
We are recruiting for experienced IT/Comm. Officer for SILVERSEA cruises
Salary in USD, will be advised to the selected candidates only
Embarkation February 2021
Contract 3 months +/-1
Relevant experience on cruise ships as IT/Communication Officer ( IT Systems Manager )
Fluent written and spoken English
GMDSS operator Certificate is mandatory
First 14 days under quarantine on board with basic wages !
1. Responsible for the day to day operations of the shipboard computer systems, providing IT systems support, maintenance and monitoring to maintain an excellent IT performance in accordance with Company Policies.
2. Working alongside the shore side IT department on technology advancements and projects.
3. Ensure proper coordination with different technical parties and departments.
1. Reporting to the Chief Engineer.
2. Functional reporting to Hotel Director for all hotel matters.
1. Supports the Captain as needed for shipboard communications; as an Officer, reports to the Captain regarding all ship communications.
2. Keeps the Chief Engineer promptly and fully informed of all problems and matters of significance, including daily assignments and administration.
3. Provides technical assistance to guests and crew.
4. Manages and maintains all Communications equipment onboard.
5. Administers and maintains Windows Environment.
6. Regularly carries out maintenance on all IT equipment, making basic repairs when needed on PC's, Printers and other peripherals. Scheduling technician repairs when necessary.
7. Sustains existing Physical Network.
8. Maintains Servers, UPS and other peripherals.
9. Ensures that security updates and antivirus programs are current and that user access and restrictions are maintained.
10. Maintains and supports the Internet Café H/W and reports any failures to provider.
11. Keeps an accurate physical inventory of all H/W and S/W onboard.
12. Effectively maintains and enforces user compliance with Corporate IT Policies & Procedures.
13. Problem determination and troubleshoot PC, Application and Networking issues.
14. Provides notification to Shoreside IT Department of all IT issues in a timely manner.
15. Provides Voyage Reports to IT Dept. as determined by FLL Management.
16. Maintains reliability and availability of shipboard computer network hardware, operating system and software to a high standard.
17. Determines and takes action to anticipate network disaster events and mitigate loss (i.e. on/off site backups, theft prevention, security violations and viruses).
18. Ensures Silversea's complete Software License compliance and report all violations.
19. Provides System Administration in accordance with management Policies & Procedures.
20. Maintains appropriate confidentiality of information processed.
21. Supports desktop publishing systems.
22. Handles all other related duties as instructed by his/her supervisor and IT Dept.
23. Oversees the IT performance of the ship.
24. Ensures sufficient stock of spare parts and consumables is on order and in onboard system to cover planned and unplanned maintenance.
25.Participates in the development of on board operational plans to support the successful completion ofmaintenance periods and works closely with the Hotel Department on all maintenance issues, ensuringa minimal impact on the shipboard operation.
26.Practices good people management, maintaining proper conduct with all departments around the ship.
27.All other duties as assigned.
1.Ability to apply the principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
2.As of December 2014, the following is a list of all major systems being managed and equipment to be used:
- DELLPowerEdge VRTX series / iDRAC
- VMwarevSphere 6.5
- MicrosoftWindows Server 2016/Exchange 2016
- Fidelio CruiseSPMS/MMS/Security (Check-in and Embarkation)
- SpeedcastC.Band and KU band Internet and VoIP Satellite Services
- VisionLine / VingVision / Door Locks
- VeeamBackup & Replication
- BarracudaMail archiver
- Aruba HPPoE network switches
- VHF/UHF Radios
- SeamobileCell Phones at Sea
- AlcatelPABX Telephone Systems
- Apple / AndroidiPad (Silversea in-house program use this)
- HP printersVarious models LJ & MFC printers
1.Participates in crew and passenger safety drills according to instructions.
2.Must always comply with the Company's safety and pollution prevention regulations and operatingprocedures.
3.Leads by example by taking care of Health and Safety of self and others.
4.Ensures that all work equipment, personal protective equipment, chemicals and safety devices arebeing used correctly.
1.Valid STCW certification.
3.Associate Degree in Computer Sciences or an equivalent amount of experience.
4.Minimum one year on Windows 7 / 10 / 2016, Active Directory, Exchange and VMware vSphereAdministration, Networking and PC problems troubleshooting
5.Physically and medically fit.
6.Moral integrity is required.
7.Ship experience a plus but not necessary.
1. Excellent fluent English (verbal, written and technical). English is the working and safety language on board Silversea vessels. This also includes the ability to give and receive instructions in verbal and written forms and to effectively and efficiently engage with guests and crew members. Additional languages are considered beneficial.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Required to stand, walk long distances, reaching and sitting. All vessels positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs. Lifting or pushing of up to 50lbs. Manual dexterity sufficient to install, operate and troubleshoot computers, printers and other office equipment. The position requires overtime work and odd schedules. Works in a typical office environment or computer room with moderate noise generated by office equipment, phone conversations and light traffic.
1. Vast knowledge of a multi outlet operation.
2. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead, motivate and develop a culturally diverse work force.
4. Proactive approach to problem solving.
5. Ability to be flexible, well organized, self-managed and motivated. Handle multiple demands, remain calm and effective under pressure and resolve issues quickly.
6. Safe, professional and personal practices. Fully conversant with VMS and MLC requirements.
7. Well-groomed and neat appearance.
8. Must possess a positive customer service orientated attitude at all times.
9. Ability to deliver a high standard of technical performance.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (38)
- Restaurant Jobs (21)
- Beverages Jobs (12)
- Provisions Jobs (3)
- Deck Jobs (20)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (25)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (8)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (15)
- Child Care Jobs (3)
- Entertainment Jobs (16)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (0)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (2)
- Management Jobs (3)
- Administration Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (4)
- Other Cruise Jobs (4)
- Private Estate Jobs (7)