Electronic Engineer – Luxury Residential Mega Yacht
Electronic Engineer – Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do. We live and work on a one-of-a-kind luxury yacht that sails continuously around the world. Every few days you will wake to an exciting new port of call. It’s the ultimate way to work and travel all in one.
- Maintain and service following electronic systems on-board and installations in close co-operation with Electronic Technician/Chief Electronic Engineer
- Co-operate with IT Officer in troubleshooting and maintaining vessels IT systems
- Navigation systems incl. radar, gyro, log, compasses, satellite navigators, steering gear control & autopilot, voyage data recorder, echo sounder, rudder indicator, maneuver printer, wind speed & direction equipment, course recorder, rate of turn indicator, ECDIS, etc.
- In co-operation with Chief Electronic Engineer, communication systems, incl. PBX, C-Band, UHF, DECT, sound powered telephones, intercom system, call/alarm system, talk-back system, and emergency call system. External Communication systems including GMDSS, VHF, MF/HF (radio TX/RX), weather fax, Navtex, antennas, satellite antennas etc
- In co-operation with the Broadcast Manager/IPTV Operator, broadcasting equipment, incl. audio/video system, TV/plasmas, VCR, DVD, VOD/Interactivity, satellite TVRO system, stereos, portable camera system, passenger information system, entertainment systems etc.;
- Sound & Light systems incl. audio/amplifier systems, lighting computers, scene/disco equipment, cinema equipment, movie and overhead projectors, golf simulators etc.;
- Fire alarm and General alarm systems, Low Level Lightning system, Public Address system
- Surveillance and Security systems (CCTV), door/entrance access control system, master and slave clock systems
- System administrator of the onboard Amos system, including reporting, updating, maintenance and spare parts
- Diploma from recognized and approved Technical College or a Certificate from Technical Vocational School or institution, in Electronic Engineering with specializing in one of the following areas: audio-video electronics, computer-microprocessor system electronics, communication electronics, maritime electronics, etc.;
- Relevant experience from one of the above mentioned areas, preferable from maritime electronics systems and environment;
- Trade Certificate as Service Electronic Technician, Radio-TV Repairman, graduated Electronic Engineer or equivalent;
- Completed GOC-course and relevant GMDSS certificate;
- Relevant STCW2010 courses (incl ETO)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. Our team members are afforded comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, facilities including a fitness center, state- of- the- art bicycles, crew bar, outside sun / seating deck, and a variety of crew enrichment activities. In addition, we have the most generous Tuition Reimbursement Program in the industry.
At The World we are one team, always passionate and caring and supporting one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA - European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (55)
- Galley Jobs (125)
- Restaurant Jobs (47)
- Beverages Jobs (36)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (33)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (49)
- Guest Services Jobs (43)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (28)
- Child Care Jobs (8)
- Entertainment Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (15)
- Medical Jobs (36)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (5)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (21)
- Administration Jobs (34)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (8)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)