3rd Assistant Engineer / cruise vessel CHARMING
We are currently recruiting for experienced 3rd ASSISTANT ENGINEER for cruise vessel CHARMING, which sail on an Asian Itinerary.
Embarkaton September 2021
Contract 4 months +/-1
Wages in USD/per month worked on board - to be advised upon interview
All valid Certificates, experienced as such, CoC - STCW Reg.III/1
Licence / Qualification requirements;
Required - EOW Unlimited
Desired - EOW Unlimited
Line Manager; Staff Chief Engineer
Direct Reports; None
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist all EOOW with Technical Department Responsibility 16 - Engine Room Watchkeeping
- The keeping of Engine Room watches as required and identified by the Chief Engineer in accordance with the Safety Management Manual and FOM 1 - Marine Operations.
- The composition of the watches is to be adequate and appropriate to the plant and machinery involved. For normal operating conditions the composition of the watches (at minimum) will be identified by the Chief Engineer.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the watch composition in conditions other than normal as identified by the Master e.g. restricted visibility, ice zone, high traffic density, manoeuvring, etc.
In ships with Unattended Machinery Spaces Certificate, adequate personnel shall always attend the Engine Control Room.
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Watch Specific requirements;
Assist Senior 2nd Engineer 4-8 with;
- Main Engine turbocharger washing
- Main Engine air coolers washing
- Sewage and Grey water system in machinery spaces
- Reverse Osmosis plant.
- Quick closing valves, testing, maintenance.
- Domestic water supply and hot water pumps.
Or, Assist Senior 2nd Engineer 12-4 with;
- Auxiliary boilers.
- Exhaust gas boilers.
- Boiler water treatment.
- Steam and condensate systems.
- All machinery cooling systems water treatment.
- Chemical inventory.
Or, Assist Senior 2nd Engineer 8-12 with;
- Fuel and Diesel oil systems.
- Lubricating oil purifiers.
- Lubricating oil consumption tracking and report.
- Lubricating oil sample taking for shore analysis.
- Lubricating oil onboard analysis.
- Lubricating oil filter maintenance.
- Bilge system, pumps and alarms.
- Sludge system.
- Fuel bunkering.
- Noon and midnight sounding sheets.
- Oil record book entries.
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Coach and train Junior Officers.
- Prepare appraisals for 'Direct Reports' in accordance with V.Ships policy.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (54)
- Galley Jobs (120)
- Restaurant Jobs (50)
- Beverages Jobs (32)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (34)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (57)
- Guest Services Jobs (41)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (30)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (65)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (17)
- Medical Jobs (33)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (12)
- Casino Jobs (3)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (18)
- Administration Jobs (33)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (9)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)