P&O Cruises - Shore Experience Manager
We are currently recruiting for the exciting position of Shore Excursion Manager. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the shore excursions operation and the effective management of the department.
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Optimise shore excursion revenue by promoting and selling interesting and relevant shore excursions, to enhance the passenger experience.
- Attend commercial meetings, to review performance and implement new initiatives, developing cross marketing sales strategies.
- Devise and/or adjust strategies and tactics to encourage passenger spending.
- Effectively resolve passenger issues or complaints in a professional, customer focused and timely manner.
- Manage onboard marketing and promotional activities through effective use of available media.
- Participate in onboard radio and TV interviews maximising advertising coverage.
- Prepare promotional material ensuring all advertising is within the corporate guidelines.
- Analyse promotional and marketing activities, identifying improvements for future cruises / campaigns.
- Liaise effectively with passengers, confidently answering any questions and maximising department revenue by promoting and selling shore excursions.
- Book excursions and fulfil passenger requests such as car hire, mobility and private arrangements and provide advice on CUK’s shore excursion programmes and options for independent passengers.
- Effectively manage own area, ensure adequate resourcing of team, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide guidance, motivation and direction as required.
- Regularly participate in and report onshore excursions, reviewing service and ensuring they continue to meet the high standards required.
- Direct the dispatch of shore excursions, ensuring all passengers are on the correct tour and are fully accounted for.
- Ensure all statement of carryings are completed accurately and agreed with Shore Excursion providers.
- Complete quality and assurance checklists on shore excursions operated by Carnival UK contracted excursion providers.
- Provide support to achieve the effective and efficient embarkation / disembarkation of passengers.
- Attend corporate sponsored social events as and when required.
To be suitable for this position it is essential that you:
- Have broad current destination knowledge
- Experience of generating and completing sales, preferably within the leisure / cruise industry
- Experience of working in a customer services environment and dealing effectively with customer complaints
- Experience of managing a team highly desirable
- Proficient in MS Office Software including PowerPoint
- Good command of written and spoken English
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential and receive attractive company benefits. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
We are currently recruiting for our Talent Pools to fill anticipated roles in 2021 and beyond. Please note that throughout the Recruitment & On boarding process you may not be advised of a start date. If you are successful, sufficient notice will be provided when we have a ship and start date for you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Carnival UK is a market leader in the cruise industry, widely recognised by our famous brands P&O Cruises and Cunard. We operate ships all over the world and provide unforgettable holiday experiences to our guests. At Carnival UK, we are about to go through a huge amount of growth and with 2 new ships on the horizon, Carnival UK has big plans for the future!
At Carnival UK as part of Carnival Corporation, our highest responsibility and top priorities are to operate safely, to protect the environment, and to be in compliance everywhere we operate in the world. On this foundation, we aspire to deliver unmatched joyful vacations for our Guests, always exceeding their expectations. We are committed to a positive and just corporate culture, based on inclusion and the power of diversity. We operate with integrity, trust and respect for each other - seeking collaboration, candour, openness and transparency at all times. And we intend to be an exemplary corporate citizen leaving the people and the places we touch even better.