Stage Staff (Cruise) – Worldwide
A large and well-known cruise line is looking for Stage Staff to join the team.
- You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of entertainment audio visual equipment
- Daily operations of the entertainment department
- Assist in the operation of all production shows, guest entertainers, musical events, theme night events and will offer support for any audio visual request.
- Maintains and operates all audio visual equipment ship wide.
- Works as backstage support staff for production shows, guest entertainers, bands and other events in the theater, lounges, and poolside.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of all events in the theater and presentations ship wide as prescribed by the Cruise Director, Production Manager, and Head Entertainment Operator.
- Ensures all audio visual equipment, stage props, and scenery is in working order.
- Performs all support staff duties or audio visual support around the vessel.
- Significant experience in an audio-visual function to include land based entertainment industry experience.
- Coursework in technical theater at an accredited college or university or the international equivalent, or equivalent technical experience, preferred.
- Has the ability to trouble shoot basic audio, lighting, projection, stage machinery, and stage craft issues.
- Understands how to load and operate basic cues on the main stage lighting and sound board.
- Able to load and operate the stage machinery systems for operational purposes.
- Able to route, assist in setting and playing a movie, portable projectors, or power point.
- Knowledgeable on how to run spotlights.
- Candidates must have experience with sound/audio technology (this is the key element that we need all Stage Staff positions to meet, regardless of their main area of focus):
- Working with musicians and/or singers to set up their sound equipment
- Basic understanding of operating a digital sound console (we primarily work with Yamaha, Behringer, and Digico products – but any digital sound console experience is acceptable)
- General understanding and experience with setting up audio equipment, working with speakers, cabling, microphones, amplifiers, etc.
- Candidates must have either theatrical or event AV experience in one of the following ways:
- Working backstage tracks in a theatre with performers
- Working load-ins and load-outs at a theatre, arena, convention centres, or similar
- Setting up and running events from an AV standpoint such as weddings, seminars, conferences, club parties, etc.
- Microsoft Office software skills required.
If you have the experience, then apply today.
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
- Housekeeping Jobs (105)
- Galley Jobs (247)
- Restaurant Jobs (92)
- Beverages Jobs (60)
- Provisions Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (72)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (128)
- Guest Services Jobs (87)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (11)
- Entertainment Jobs (119)
- Photography Jobs (12)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (32)
- Medical Jobs (44)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (14)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- IT Jobs (18)
- Management Jobs (42)
- Administration Jobs (46)
- Land Based Jobs (46)
- Other Cruise Jobs (21)
- Private Estate Jobs (19)