Welcome to The Olsen Way.
In recent years, we have seen a new era emerging in cruising.
There is a trend for everything to get bigger and busier, and for a cruise to be seen as an alternative to a large luxury resort, with a limitless flurry of activity.
But this is not for us.
We believe there is another way to cruise. A way that is based on five generations of seafaring.
Where cabins are called cabins and ships look like ships.
Where the journey is as important as the destination.
In our world, smaller is better, and we believe in keeping the experience on board uncrowded, warm and civilised - treating passengers as guests, like the family run business we are.
It would be easy to follow the trends and go with the crowds. But we never will.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is a family run company, well known for our quality cruises and the ‘personal’ touch we offer our guests.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Staff Captain to work on board our vessels.
The Staff Captain is responsible for the management of the deck department.
Candidates must hold:
- STCW A-II/2 Master’s license;
- GMDSS GoC;
- A-VI/5 Ship Security Officer certification;
- Polar Code Advanced Certificate of Proficiency;
- STCW Basic Training, Advanced Firefighting, Medical Care, CMHB and PSCRB;
- USPH training or equivalent.
In addition, we would expect the candidate to:
- Have experience in rank, on cruise vessels;
- Have extensive deep sea and coastal navigation experience including ship handling and inshore navigation;
- Have extensive experience in deck maintenance;
- Be competent in maintaining and supervising all security procedures, training, drills, exercises and personnel assigned security duties on board under the overall authority of the Master;
- Have experience in ballast operations and damage control, and maintenance of fresh water tanks, dry tanks and ballast tanks;
- Have extensive knowledge of planned maintenance systems;
- Have the ability to work independently and as an effective member of a small team.
- Be able to read, write and speak English clearly and fluently.
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary with a 1:1 work rotation of two months on board with two month’s leave, a single cabin with private facilities and flights to/from the vessel arranged and paid for by the company. This is an exciting opportunity to work on board our cruise ships, travelling to worldwide destinations.
We will shortlist candidates that are either fully vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated against COVID19.
** We do not charge candidates any referral fee.
** Direct applicants only please. Any candidates submitted by recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applicants.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (113)
- Galley Jobs (299)
- Restaurant Jobs (108)
- Beverages Jobs (81)
- Provisions Jobs (35)
- Deck Jobs (121)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (147)
- Guest Services Jobs (103)
- Retail Jobs (39)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (35)
- Child Care Jobs (12)
- Entertainment Jobs (164)
- Photography Jobs (21)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (43)
- Medical Jobs (32)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Casino Jobs (23)
- IT Jobs (20)
- Management Jobs (40)
- Administration Jobs (56)
- Land Based Jobs (37)
- Other Cruise Jobs (82)
- Private Estate Jobs (27)