Lead Rigger - MSC Meraviglia
About the role…
The Lead Rigger is primarily responsible for the safe and effective execution of all flying and rigging systems in Carousel Lounge aboard MSC Meraviglia. Reporting to the Technical Director, this role will be responsible for the setup and working show tracks of all rigging systems within the venue, inspections and troubleshooting of all venue rigging equipment, participating in all sets/strikes in the venues, and assisting performers with harnesses and rigging during live performances.
- High degree of theatrical or entertainment rigging proficiency
- Circus, Cirque, or other aerialist experience; experience working with performer flying and rigging systems a must
- Proven track record in rigging, safety, inspections, and maintenance reporting
- Assist with daily inspections and pre-checks of all flying equipment, including motors, winches, cables, hardware, and harnesses
- Follow all reporting procedures set forth by RWS and venue management
- Effectively troubleshoot and report issues with rigging equipment as it arises
- Operational knowledge of TAIT automation systems a plus
- Working show tracks: Assist performers into harnesses during shows, connect harnesses to rigging points, call clears for flight, perform spotting duties
- Assist with post-show duties after each performance, ensuring all automation equipment is safely powered down and assisting with nightly reports
- Communicate effectively with Technical Director and Production Stage Manager, performer cast, entertainment technicians, and onboard maintenance teams and venue management
- Acts as swing/cover position for entertainment technicians in Carousel Lounge; experience in other technical areas, including audio, lighting, and video required
- Assist with overall production needs as reasonably requested
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- Prior experience in rigging and performer flying
- Excellent safety record
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre (production or technical) or 3 years of in field experience required.
- Operational knowledge of technical equipment inclusive of rigging, sound, lighting, video and automation.
- Cruise Line or Touring Experience suggested, but not required.
- Ability to remain positive and push thru in stressful situations, while still accomplishing daily work.
- Ability to communicate with multiple departments onboard, understanding how the entertainment team, folds into the bigger operation.
- Ability to work six (6) days per week for periods of up to 8-months at a time.
- Comfortable living and working in close quarters with co-workers from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods, work at height as required, and consistently lift 75 pounds in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and abide by all onboard safety regulations as outlined in ship's Safety Management System.
- Ability to complete pre-employment medical screening, including MSC vaccination requirements
- Ability to remain positive in stressful situations working under tight deadlines.
- The ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events and performances.
A valid passport for the duration of the contract plus 6 months will be required. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 plus booster required to board.
What we bring…
- Onboard (crossover) training included
- Food & Lodging Included
- Double Occupancy Cabin
- Select Privileges in Passenger Dining Facilities
- Access to Guest Gym Facilities
- Free Laundry Service
- Friends and Family cruise discounts
- ASAP through December 10, 2022
- Flexible start date
- Preference will be given to individuals who can commit to full tour.
- $1000 per week
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Housekeeping Jobs (115)
- Galley Jobs (268)
- Restaurant Jobs (99)
- Beverages Jobs (69)
- Provisions Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (121)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (159)
- Guest Services Jobs (81)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (30)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Entertainment Jobs (161)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Medical Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- IT Jobs (20)
- Management Jobs (40)
- Administration Jobs (46)
- Land Based Jobs (65)
- Other Cruise Jobs (37)
- Private Estate Jobs (20)