Waiters set up tables, explain menus, take orders, serve food and beverages, and clean tables in their assigned areas. He/she must know menu items and ingredients to be able to promote the items being served and answer guests’ questions. Waiters are fully responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of guests in their stations. He/she also coordinates service with his/her Assistant Waiter according to service procedures.
- Candidates MUST have experience in a related position in an upscale hotel, resort, or cruise ship, as well as Food & Beverage training certificates.
- Ability to take the order
- Guest interaction and communication
- Demonstrate the passion for customer service and hospitality
- Follows Royal Way standards – friendly, passionate and committed
- Takes ownership of guests concerns
- Food knowledge and terminology
- Beverage knowledge and terminology
- Working along with supervisors and fulfilling daily tasks
- Leading the station and Assistant waiter
- Willing to develop and learn
- Achieves results by delivering exceptional service experience
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese is preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!