Royal Genies, rated among the best service professionals at sea, are responsible for the serving our most valued Star suite guests. Royal Genies deliver “your wish is my command” experiences in a professional manger, utilizing their experience in service and luxury training provided to them upon hiring. Royal Genies are expected to exceed their guests’ expectations by providing personalized and customized vacations, surprising and delighting at every opportunity.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding Star Guest Satisfaction KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that are directly influenced by this role
- Owns the Star guest experience throughout their cruise experience: from pre-arrival to post-departure; delivering seamless vacation experiences for our Star guests, resolving any problems which may arise
- In addition to providing traditional shipboard Concierge services, the Royal Genie will be trained and able to offer luxury butler services, including, but not limited to, the following: wake up service, packing and unpacking luggage, shoe polishing, wine, and champagne service, overseeing proper food and beverage service in a variety of styles
- 2-year degree in hospitality degree – OR – 3 years of experience in a guest service or related field; applicants with experience in the luxury or upscale markets are preferred.
- Previous work experience should include high-level problem resolution as a key aspect of the applicant’s regular duties; the applicant will be expected to provide examples
- Successful applicants will be sent by Royal Caribbean International to complete a Front of House Course with the British Butler Institute before being assigned a Royal Genie position.
- Basic office skills including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Organizationally skilled to be able to manage multiple requests and tasks from various guests and supervisors with, maintaining attention to small details without losing grasp of the big picture
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with guests, division heads, shipboard and shoreside management to resolve problems and negotiate resolution
How to apply?
Apply thru https://rclctrac.com/pages/description/134/no or click 'APPLY' from this post and upload your photo and updated resume.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!