ET/IT Technician - Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the finest private mega yacht at sea. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The ET/IT Technician’s primary responsibility is to assist the Chief Electronic Engineer, Electronic Engineer and IT Officer in daily duties, plus the responsibility in daily checks of assigned systems and Work-Orders addressed to Electronic Department.
- Assist in the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair related to the various electronic systems throughout the ship, e.g. Fire System, PA System, Phone System, Audio/Video systems, cabling issues, IT systems, Dimmer System, Sound and Light Systems, Caretaker System, UHF Radio System, Copy Machines, TV/Radio System, etc.
- In charge of maintenance and troubleshooting on the following: Sound Powered System, Talkback System, Low Location Light System, Master Clock System, Telephones, UHF Radios, UPS in electronic systems, Trap Alarm system, Electronic Safes, etc.
- Assist residents and guest in troubleshooting their apartment electronic systems
- Support Electrical Dep. in troubleshooting faulty electronic cards in electrical systems
- Split 24 hours on-call duty with IT Technician
- Keep the AMOS-W up to date with regards to onboard stock (In/Out) and general stock control for electronic stores
- Cleaning of workshops, offices and storerooms
- Conforms to and champions company’s security awareness program
- Recommends new processes or technologies to improve cyber security posture
- Knowledge of the following: Broadcast System, External Communication System, Bridge Systems, Machinery Systems, Safe System
- Experienced in electronic systems, and able to repair and troubleshoot independently
- Willing to learn technical systems and a general interest in electronic/computer/ communication systems
- Adequate written and spoken English to maintain contact with Residents & Guests
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World, we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA – European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Housekeeping Jobs (92)
- Galley Jobs (279)
- Restaurant Jobs (90)
- Beverages Jobs (46)
- Provisions Jobs (16)
- Deck Jobs (84)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (95)
- Guest Services Jobs (92)
- Retail Jobs (48)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (44)
- Child Care Jobs (5)
- Entertainment Jobs (137)
- Photography Jobs (14)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (38)
- Medical Jobs (11)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (16)
- Casino Jobs (11)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Management Jobs (43)
- Administration Jobs (55)
- Land Based Jobs (30)
- Other Cruise Jobs (61)
- Private Estate Jobs (19)