Assistant Manager: Cruises Retail
PEOPLCONQUEST RH a HR recruitment company is looking for one of our clients that work in several cruise lines:
Job Description – Assisstant Manager
Position Title: Assistant Manager Location/Office: Shipboard
Reports to: Retail Manager Department: Cruise Line Retail
Job Purpose: The Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the performance of a team, guest experience and
operations for designated category environments on a premier luxury cruise ship.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Team Leadership & Talent Development
- Establishes and holds individuals responsible to guest and sales targets, in partnership with the Retail Manager.
- Ensures the sales team is skilled in our client guest experience, sales behaviors, and product knowledge.
- Provides feedback and coaching to ensure our client and Cruise Line guest experience standards are championed while driving business performance.
- Conducts ongoing talent assessment and establishes development plans.
- Addresses associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, helping to create a stronger, healthier place to live and work.
- Multi-Boutique Retail Sales & Store Operations
- Champions the Starboard Way and models the behavior by example, inspiring excitement and belief.
- In partnership with the Retail Sales Manager, develops sales strategies to meet or exceed established guest service ratings and financial objectives.
- Actively communicates sales information with the Retail Sales Manager, peers, and team.
- Targets guest information, provided by the Retail Sales Manager, to enhance guest experience and maximize revenue.
- Analyzes performance, recommends changes, and implements actions to increase results of designated categories.
- Guest Experience & Onboard Relationship Management
- Creates an upbeat, friendly atmosphere that is consistent with the our client way.
- Maintains a strong floor presence ensuring the team is delivering the best experience according to our client way.
- Builds relationships with onboard management to provide transparency and foster collaboration.
- Schedules and organizes talent in order to meet guest and business needs.
- Operational Excellence
- Oversees all store operational standards and administrative duties and timely opening and closing of the store.
- Adheres to keeping the sales team informed and enforces all our client and cruise line policy and procedures, including MLC, asset protection and inventory control.
- Reports any incidences of illnesses/work related injuries in a timely manner.
Assistant Manager Talent Profile
- QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
- 1-2 years management experience in retail or hospitality preferred; luxury guest experience is of interest. Proven track record of driving sales performance through business development activities including events, networking, and clienteling.
- Proven track record of developing and inspiring talent at all levels.
- Minimum high school diploma, associate degree or beyond preferred; studies in retail or hospitality is a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Respects and understands others and displays multi-cultural awareness.
- Proactively builds and manages guest, management and team relationships.
- Flexible mindset, able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic and high paced ship culture. Able to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively, and persist in the face of obstacles. Able to assess people and has a proven record of talent development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess integrity and professional business standards.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Success Measures
- Achieves sales targets for designated categories. Achieves fine jewelry targets (sales).
- Defined specialist succession plan.
- Effective and efficient execution.
- Responsible for leading the Starboard Way - improves NPS- delighted guest (depending on CL/TBD).
- Conflict Management
- Sizing Up People
- Motivating and Influencing Others Decision Quality
- Managing & Measuring Work Cross Cultural Agility
- Model Characteristics
- Determined, decisive, thorough, inspirational, resilient, dynamic, courageous
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Able to travel and live/work on a ship. Able to work 6 month contracts. Able to work 7 days a week, up to 77 hours. Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to physically participate and effectively contribute in cruise line’s boat safety and emergency life-saving drills as required.
- Able to lift, pull, and push boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store and lockers up to 55 lbs. using the appropriate safety equipment as required.
- Proficient English reading, writing and speaking skills.
Send us your resume with Ref AM_CRUISES for our email hidden link - please login
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
- Housekeeping Jobs (91)
- Galley Jobs (280)
- Restaurant Jobs (89)
- Beverages Jobs (45)
- Provisions Jobs (16)
- Deck Jobs (89)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (95)
- Guest Services Jobs (91)
- Retail Jobs (47)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (44)
- Child Care Jobs (5)
- Entertainment Jobs (135)
- Photography Jobs (14)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (37)
- Medical Jobs (11)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (16)
- Casino Jobs (11)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Management Jobs (43)
- Administration Jobs (54)
- Land Based Jobs (30)
- Other Cruise Jobs (62)
- Private Estate Jobs (19)