Restaurant Supervisor (Shipboard)
Restaurant Supervisor (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Restaurant Manager
The Restaurant Supervisor inspires and motivates the Servers and Server Assistants to provide an engaging service and memorable experience for the guests. Performs all tasks in support of the team as needed to ensure flawless service.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Supports the Maîtres D’ and Restaurant Manager in the supervision of Restaurant venues, supporting Ladies and Gentlemen and understanding the positions of all reports well enough to perform their duties in the employees’ absence
- Anticipates the needs of Ladies and Gentlemen and guests by ensuring all products and supplies are readily available before and during service. Ensures a clean, safe and accident-free environment, and immediately responds to the needs of all guests and Ladies and Gentlemen
- Supervises and assists with the setup, cleaning, and break down of restaurants and bars and maintains equipment, supplies, goods in all work areas, reporting any issues to leadership
- Ensures proper inventory processes including requisitions, receiving, moving and stocking product in accordance with first in, first out (FIFO)
- Drives, prepares for and assists with all Sanitation and Health Code inspections
- Supervises and executes the service for special events and Banquets
- Provides hands-on execution of the day-to-day operations of Restaurant and Bar venues
- Contributes to the financial performance of the operation by ensuring standards are met and the Ladies and Gentlemen have the tools and resources to carry out their duties
- Ensures Compliance with Public Health and all Safety and Labor Regulations
- Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
- Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
- Sets the department’s expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
- Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
- Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
- Maintains and delivers a comprehensive and engaging on-boarding program which successfully welcomes and integrates new Ladies and Gentlemen into the operation and provides the foundation for their career with the brand to grow
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Strong Knowledge and experience in Public Health rules and regulations related to USPH and HACCP
- Previous experience as a Restaurant Supervisor, Head Waiter or Maître D’ in a five-star restaurant or onboard a luxury cruise restaurant environment
- Excellent working knowledge of food, beverage (wine, beers, spirits, cocktails, coffee, tea) and international cuisine
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.