Coordinates activities and arrangements for group meetings, conferences and functions by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- 1 year event planning and execution experience in a luxury hotel, convention center, sales, public relations field or in a related hospitality function.
- Proven customer service skills to build and strengthen relationships.
- Ability to up-sell and cross-sell products and services.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while coordinating many functions simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with group representative, department heads and shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to conduct meetings efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ability to utilize customer service skills by exercising authority and discretion to satisfy guests in a manner consistent with Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way.
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to product and service pricing.
- Working knowledge of computers with e-mail and business related softwar packages such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Mandarin, or Japanese preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!