Recreation Staff Norwegian Cruiseline
The Recreation Staff will conduct and oversee the operation of any of the following onboard recreational areas: Aqua Park, Bungee, Bowling, Rock Climbing or Sports Courts. They need to ensure a safe and efficient operation and have the ability to deal with adults and children alike.
- Needs to be very focused on the safe and efficient operation of the corresponding Recreation venue.
- Required to have very good customer service skills dealing with both adults and children that will be participating at events held in all Recreation venues.
- Understand and enforce the guidelines for safe practices when guests are using the various activities and events in any Recreation venues. If confrontation arises, be able to diffuse the situation and have the guest leave content.
- Ability to host an event or tournament that is relative to their position for up to 100 guests. Needs to have nice clarity and projection of voice and be able to interact well with guests in this format.
- Be responsible of all equipment used to perform the role. In addition needs to report to the Assistant Cruise Director on a daily basis any equipment malfunctions or problems.
- Keeps necessary records of equipment use to comply with safety standards.
- Ensures waivers are signed before guest participates in any organized event on the corresponding Recreation venue. Files away for record purposes and completed waivers during their work period.
- Required to attend and contribute where applicable to any departmental or ship meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of six months experience in a hotel, resort or similar in a customer service position, preferably working with adults and children is required. Having coached or instructed organized sporting events before would be preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Completion of an accredited Certification Program in an athletic/recreational discipline from a recognized educational institution is preferred.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
- Housekeeping Jobs (91)
- Galley Jobs (280)
- Restaurant Jobs (89)
- Beverages Jobs (45)
- Provisions Jobs (16)
- Deck Jobs (89)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (95)
- Guest Services Jobs (91)
- Retail Jobs (47)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (44)
- Child Care Jobs (5)
- Entertainment Jobs (135)
- Photography Jobs (14)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (37)
- Medical Jobs (11)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (16)
- Casino Jobs (11)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Management Jobs (43)
- Administration Jobs (54)
- Land Based Jobs (30)
- Other Cruise Jobs (62)
- Private Estate Jobs (19)