To check and deliver stock requisitions. Assists the bartenders/senior bartenders in keeping the bar and pantry clean and organized, in preparing and serving drinks, mise-en-place. Under direction of senior bartender/bartender, takes orders, prepares drinks behind the bar and/or takes and delivers orders to seated guests with a tray. This is an entry level departmental position
Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
Qualifications and attributes:
• Must be able to juggle, throw, and catch bottles.
• Must be comfortable performing in front of a sizeable audience in varied locations
• Minimum of one year beverage – related experience with an upscale or upscale/casual restaurant, lounge, hotel, resort or cruise ship. (Shipboard experience preferred)
• Knowledge of Wine, Spirits, Beer and Cocktails
• Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes and manuals
• Ability to multi-task and remain organized and flexible in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with guests and all levels of employees.
• Active ambassador of the brand’s Modern Luxury concept and Company’s standards.
Physical & Language Requirements:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!