* Note: This Job will be work onboard on our cruise ship.
This person is expected to provide dental assistant services during the dental care to all Guests and Crewmembers who need it. The dental assistant shall help the dentist in all shipboard dental health-related matters including responding to dental emergencies. Will also work with the rest of the medical team as part of the health team under the leadership of the Senior Doctor. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Current and in good standing Dental Assistant licensing.
• Minimum of three (3) years post-graduate clinical experience is required in the fields of general dentistry assistance.
• Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
• Must provide a chronology of all dental activities since graduation from dental assistant school.
The dental assistant shall have an understanding of the Safety and Quality Management System (SQM) for Royal Caribbean ships and Quality, Environmental and Safety Management System (QESMS) for Celebrity ships, including responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan and Station Drill.
• Provide assistance to the Dentist including completion of dental forms/reports and the dental equipment and supply inventory.
• Ensure confidentiality of dental-medical information.
• Provide dental hygiene education to the crew as directed by the dentist / DDS.
• Assist the DDS in carrying out all professional responsibilities and duties.
• Provide dental assistant level of care care for minor and major dental emergency situations for passengers and crew.
• Provide dental hygiene and cleaning to patients.
• Operate basic dental instruments as instructed by the DDS.
• Remove residual debri from dental equipment, clean and sterilize dental equipment.
• Examine oral cavities for signs of dental illness.
• Write records of dental care in our electronic medical record system.
• Keep dental equipment and instruments in good condition.
• Keep the work place clean, tidy and in order.
• Take vital signs of patients. Will report to the DDS any abnormal findings and make a record of these in the electronic medical record system.
• In addition to assisting the dentist with patient care, dental assistants have a variety of administrative responsibilities in relation to care of guests and crew and management of the dental Facility and pharmacy.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and being able to lift up to 50 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
• Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!