Chef de Partie Sushi
The CDP Sushi position is responsible for operating the Sushi galley and preparing all food to the highest standards, quality, presentation, and consistency for all sushi dishes as per Company menus.
• A minimum of two (2) years' experience at CDP or COOK 1 level in an upscale hotel, resort, or cruise ship Sushi restaurant, Certification from a culinary school is a plus.
• Ability to handle a wide range of raw fish and other new ingredients.
• Coordinate with our wait staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies.
• Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes, menus, manuals, and Quality of products.
• Strong management, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of management and employees.
• Working knowledge of computers and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, Crunchtime, or related programs.
• Ability to execute and train others in the art of sushi making and Japanese cuisine.
• Must have excellent food knowledge and a full understanding of culinary terms.
• Must be able to read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes by maintaining the quality and consistency in taste according to the instructions provided by the corporate office.
• Must be proficient in effecting completing tasks, work efficiently and productively.
• Must be able to work in any section of a kitchen.
• Coordinate and supervise all personnel assigned to his/her section, assign and delegate tasks accordingly.
• Undertake recipe reviews on a daily basis. Maintain recipe folders in an immaculate condition.
• Responsible to follow-through on any request within the area of responsibility received from the direct supervisor or manager on duty; this may include show plates, food samples and random food tastings.
• Control production levels and recommend ideas for improvements and better cost controlling.
• Prepare daily Electronic food requisitions needed for his section production and countercheck deliveries for its accuracy; Report any discrepancies to his immediate supervisor.
• Must be able to oversee any main section (Sauce, Entremetier, Fish, Roast, Outlet CDP, Tournant and Cold Kitchen) and its entire food production.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health are followed according to company standards and expectation (referring to US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian etc) and followed at all times within his section.
• Ensures that the HACCP program is carried out correctly.
• Maintains his assigned area in preparation for announced or unannounced United States Public Health type inspection either done by the Food & Beverage Manager or the actual inspectors.
• Reports for duty at assigned times, follows his/her supervisor’s instructions, and ensures that personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene are in accordance with the company’s rules and regulations.
• This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
• Identifies potential expense reductions through cost control.
• Analyzes operational problems and establishes controls.
• Reviews timesheets and forwards to the Executive Chef for approval.
• May prepare a variety of reports and letters utilizing personal computer system and equipment.
• Ensures that items are requisitioned in correct quantities, within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established control procedures.
• Conducts workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
• Monitors and manages the various assigned workstation functions.
• Monitors the assignment of duties and responsibilities to their staff.
• Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met.
• Makes recommendations regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure adequate and continuous staffing.
• Inspects workstations, work areas, equipment, etc. to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
• Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to his/her staff to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
· with a minimum of 8 years in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service and at least 2 years as Chef De Partie role. (shipboard experience preferred).
· Culinary school degree required.
· Very strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
· Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
· Superior customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
· Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing personalized services including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and guest satisfaction evaluation techniques.
· Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
· Intermediate computer software skills required.
· Possess a good understanding of basic accounting principles such as numbering flow, “Debits/Credits”, adjusting entries and corrections.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondence and to establish a good rapport with the ship’s Senior Officers and the corporate office.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!