- This position is responsible for preparing the various bakery menu items according to the provided recipes and photos.
- Will be assigned a station in the bakery by the Baker Tournant that can be changed sometimes to become familiar with the various tasks.
- Will be placed in charge of some of the bakery production.
- Will be assigned to the day shift or night shift, depending on operational needs.
- Sets up the bread displays on the buffets as needed.
- Assists with the transportation of food items from the main stores to the bakery when assigned.
- Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of their working area and working utensils following the United States Public Health rules and regulations and all times.
- Will be assigned occasionally in an early standby in the bakery for USPH purposes.
- Is aware of and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, to assist guests and crew members with inquiries.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
- Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- A minimum of two years' experience as a Baker in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred).
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfill the following:
- Completion of a minimum of one contract as a Commis Baker with a performance rating of satisfactory or above.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!