Public Health and Safety Specialist
- Other Cruise Jobs
- March 13, 2014
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail. The Public Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for coordinating the execution of the company's Public Health Program and ensuring the company's public health standards are met and/or exceeded onboard. The areas included in the scope of the program are composed of , Food Safety, Water Safety (Potable and Recreational water systems), Integrated Pest Management, Outbreak Prevention and Regulatory Compliance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with all divisions which perform public health related functions to ensure adherence with the highest operational standards of public health and compliance with company's public health.
- Ensures company policy meets and/or exceeds regulations and requirements set forth by Public Health Regulatory Agencies world-wide including USPH-VSP, ShipSan, ANVISA.
- Conducts periodic public health inspections, provides guidance and support for all public health related issues and assists in the timely follow up and implementation of corrective action for internal and external inspections.
• Monitors Gastro-Intestinal illness activity and guides the execution of the company's Outbreak Prevention Plan protocols under given conditions.
- Minimum five years' experience in implementing and evaluating public health programs in the hospitality industry (preferably high volume) working with regulatory agencies.
- Extensive knowledge in public health standards related food safety (HACCP), water safety, infectious disease/outbreak prevention and public health education.
- Proficient in computers, Microsoft Office or related software and conducting internet research.
- Knowledge of training in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health or related area preferred
- Housekeeping Jobs (116)
- Galley Jobs (360)
- Restaurant Jobs (117)
- Beverages Jobs (80)
- Provisions Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (83)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (119)
- Guest Services Jobs (92)
- Retail Jobs (36)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (47)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (183)
- Photography Jobs (25)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (43)
- Medical Jobs (16)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (21)
- Casino Jobs (22)
- IT Jobs (18)
- Management Jobs (41)
- Administration Jobs (57)
- Land Based Jobs (28)
- Other Cruise Jobs (133)
- Private Estate Jobs (16)
Share this page: