Executive Pastry Chef
At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow.
Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed crew offer a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently actively seeking passionate chefs in the position of Executive Pastry Chef. You will need to put service and guest satisfaction at the heart of every dish you produce. Please see specific requirements below:
- Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution.
- Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses what kind of courses.
- Strong command of the English language combined with writing skills.
- 5+ years experience in a 5 stars + hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
- 2+ years in same or similar position.
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Preferred knowledge of cruise ship-catering operation.
- Thorough knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation's regulations and procedures.
- Effective planner, problem solver and ability of successful implementations.
- Ability to execute and follow up on food promotions and other activities that will increase guest cruising experience.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!