The ship's Nurse is an experienced Registered Nurse responsible to provide appropriate day-to-day health care to Passengers and Crew Members.
- Reporting to Doctor;
- Assisting during medical treatments in the Infirmary;
- Being on call 24 hours a day;
- Updating the Official Log Books.
- Verifying pre sign/on medical forms for all embarking Crew Members;
- Performing administrative duties and inventory control of supplies and medicines;
- Checking maintenance and stock of medical emergency equipments.
- Degree in nursing from an accredited University (3 years study);
- Certification as Registered Nurse in Italian register roll (IPASVI);
- Compulsory certification (issued by a ILCOR approved provider):
- BLS – D (Basic Life Support – Defibrillation);
- PBLS (Pediatric Basic Life Support);
- Preferable certification (issued by a ILCOR approved provider):
- ALS (Advanced Life Support) or ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) or equivalent;
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) or APLS (Advanced Pediatric Life Support);
- Experience with Emergency Room;
- Experience with cardiac care, trauma, internal medicine is an advantage;
- Experience as Nurse on Cruise Vessels is an advantage;
- Good written, spoken and medical English;
- Good knowlegde of German is an advantage ;
- Computer literacy;
- Being committed to Safety;
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, German
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?