The ship's Nurse is an experienced Registered Nurse responsible to provide appropriate day-to-day health care to Passengers and Crew Members.
- Reporting to Doctor;
- Assisting during medical treatments in the Infirmary;
- Being on call 24 hours a day;
- Updating the Official Log Books.
- Verifying pre sign/on medical forms for all embarking Crew Members;
- Performing administrative duties and inventory control of supplies and medicines;
- Checking maintenance and stock of medical emergency equipments.
- Degree in nursing from an accredited University (3 years study);
- Certification as Registered Nurse in Italian register roll (IPASVI);
- Compulsory certification (issued by a ILCOR approved provider):
- BLS – D (Basic Life Support – Defibrillation);
- PBLS (Pediatric Basic Life Support);
- Preferable certification (issued by a ILCOR approved provider):
- ALS (Advanced Life Support) or ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) or equivalent;
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) or APLS (Advanced Pediatric Life Support);
- Experience with Emergency Room;
- Experience with cardiac care, trauma, internal medicine is an advantage;
- Experience as Nurse on Cruise Vessels is an advantage;
- Good written, spoken and medical English;
- Good knowlegde of German is an advantage ;
- Computer literacy;
- Being committed to Safety;
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Costa Cruises is a leading Italian cruise line providing Italian style holidays for couples and families.
If you recognise yourself in the values that characterize the “Costa style”, if you left school with top grades or graduated with honours, if you think you can work well in a dynamic organization and you fluently speak a foreign language, send us your curriculum.