Sous Chef on a river cruise ship in Europe
Uniworld owns and operates a fleet of thirteen intimate, boutique river cruise ships on the European waterways which cater exclusively to English-speaking clients. We are looking for The Best to support our great team on board during the season 2019 (season starts around March 2019 - ends around November 2019). It is an ongoing opening. Are you interested to be a...
Sous Chef on board a luxury river ship in Europe? Uniworld is waiting for You!
Trade the ordinary for the extraordinary and take this opportunity to become a Sous Chef in a dynamic company that recognises the commitment and enthusiasm of its employees.
Location: Europe (on board of a luxury river cruise ship)
As a Sous Chef you will be the right hand of the Executive Chef on board and relieve your supervisor during his or her absence. Furthermore, you will take on responsibilities in the training of new crew.
- Be responsible for the smooth preparation of gourmet dishes at your section
- Control and maintain the cleanliness and safety precautions within your area to adhere with hygiene standards in compliance with HACCP regulations
- Be an example for subordinates and motivate a professional team of experienced crew members
- Be relieving the Executive Chef in his or her absence
- Act as a team player and support your colleagues, where help is required
- Visit the most spectacular destinations in Europe
- Have a culinary apprenticeship
- Are experienced in a similar role preferably in a 5* environment
- Are eager develop your skills and share your knowledge with others
- Communicate effectively in English
- Have good manners and a positive, open minded attitude
- Like challenges and are not afraid of high expectations and standards
- Are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland
- Want to become part of The Best!
- Are a company with strong values; We are committed to our responsibilities
- Have been awarded accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to high performance through good people management
- Know that our crew is essential for the success of Uniworld. That is why we provide you with
Competitive remuneration package and regular holidays
Contracts according to Swiss law with all social security benefits and full medical insurance
- Take your career seriously
Provide on-going development opportunities
Promote within the organisation
- Are looking for You!
Please note that we are not accepting applications via e-mail
Apply now online:
1. Submit your online application in English ("register interest" button)
2. We will inform you, whether you will be invited for an assessment / interview (or phone interview)
3. After the interview / assessment you will receive our feedback
4. If the feedback is positive, we will keep your application in our "Talent Pool" and inform you, in case there is an open position suitable for you. You will remain in our system, even if there is no open position at the moment.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (102)
- Beauty Jobs (58)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (86)
- Engine Jobs (147)
- Entertainment Jobs (187)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (478)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (70)
- Management Jobs (35)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (24)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (27)