Junior Sous Chef- Ocean Cruises 6*
PEOPLECONQUEST, a Human Resources National Company in ongoing expansion, is currently recruiting Junior Sous Chef for a renowned 6* deluxe Cruise Company with the following profile:
Position Title: Junior Sous Chef
Reports to: Executive Chef
Manage all food preparation in crew/officer galley, ensuring that company’s high culinary standards are maintained within the established budget. Assist the Executive Chef in his duties as requested.
Position directly supervises: Crew Cooks
- Assist with meeting budgeted food cost targets and savings for the entire operation.
- Assist with maintaining company standards for food service and achieving the galley’s annual goal for scores on the crew comment cards.
- Assist with establishing and monitoring standard operating procedures throughout the ship.
- Ensure that HESS compliance and Public Health (US/UKPH) standards are upheld.
- Supervise crew galley and crew/officer mess to minimize waste.
- Evaluate performance of crew galley staff per Seabourn personnel policy.
- Manage re-use and incorporation of surplus food from various outlets.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for the food program and crew menu cycles are established and followed.
- Ensure recipes are followed and high standards of cooking maintained.
- Co-ordinate cleaning and maintenance of crew/officer mess facility with the Chief Steward.
- Attend the crew/officer restaurant during service frequently to solicit feedback about cuisine.
- Assist in training crew galley staff involved in food preparation.
- Supervise the maintenance of, and staff training on crew galley equipment.
- Control traffic to keep unauthorised personnel out of the crew galley area.
- Attend comment card meetings with Executive Chef de Cuisine.
- Control waste, minimize grocery breakage, and monitor garbage separation.
- Ensure that company standards for uniforms and personal hygiene are followed.
- Manage Time and Attendance of all crew/officer mess personnel, minimizing overtime.
- Ensure that crew galley staff thoroughly understands dishes for all meals.
- Ensure that crew galley requisitions adhere to company standards.
- Assist with turning over stock of slow moving items in Provision.
- Conduct physical spot checks of all fresh produce storage in Provision.
- Thorough knowledge of cruise ship catering operation and food preparation for various nationalities.
- Thorough knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation procedures.
- Knowledge of USPH and other international Public Health rules and regulations, supplemented by attending the company’s Basic Food Hygiene course every two years and achieving a minimum score of 80%.
- Effective planning, problem-solving and implementation skills.
- Strong command of the English language including writing skills.
- Ability to create and maintain food promotions and other activities to support crew/officer wellness.
- Ability to train and motivate a team.
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity.
- Ability to manage work schedules according to business levels.
- Ability to organize and complete work to meet deadlines.
- PC knowledge of: MXP and Windows.
- Fluent in interpreting and implementing company work.
- Updated passport is required
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (56)
- Galley Jobs (129)
- Restaurant Jobs (45)
- Beverages Jobs (51)
- Provisions Jobs (15)
- Deck Jobs (46)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (75)
- Guest Services Jobs (36)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (7)
- Entertainment Jobs (74)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (12)
- Medical Jobs (13)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (12)
- Casino Jobs (16)
- IT Jobs (2)
- Management Jobs (10)
- Administration Jobs (20)
- Land Based Jobs (8)
- Other Cruise Jobs (11)