P&O Cruises - Chef Patissier
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Pastry Chef to join our P&O Cruises Galley team which will allow you to travel the world, whilst getting paid and discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It is a way of life. As Chef Patissier you will be responsible for the service, standard and quality of all dishes and food products produced within the pastry and bakery departments.
Are you someone who is organised and can adapt the operation to match the number of guests dining at one time? Do you express yourself clearly with your teams and other departments to ensure the appearance, quality and temperature of our dishes meet the requirements? Are you able to use your initiative with your teams to oversee the creation of celebration cakes and desserts for special occasions on board such as weddings? Are you someone who is reliable and able to support the team to deliver quality cuisine?
As Chef Patissier your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Managing, monitoring, developing and training members of the team to ensure the provision of high quality, professionally prepared food products.
- Effectively managing own area, ensure adequate resourcing of team, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide guidance, motivation and direction as required
- Ensuring all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations, including the Public Health Policy, HESS, FSP and ILO
- Overseeing the creation of celebration cakes and desserts for special occasions on board such as weddings and the renewal of vows
- Liaising with the Chef de Cuisine to confirm the daily menu requirements and discuss the daily working processes of the team
- Monitoring and managing the costs and resources within own area and inform the Chef de Cuisine of any issues immediately
P&O Cruises require the following experience:
- Signigicant operational experience in high volume catering facilities such as conferenceevents, banqueting or large scale 4/5* hotels
- Managerial or supervisory experience within large galley/kitchen teams
- Galley cruise ship experience
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of P&O Cruises’ core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Please note that a Personal Survival Techniques (PST) STCW course is required for this role.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.