Chef De Cuisine
Carnival UK are recruiting to fill Chef De Cuisine vacancies.
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Food Production team within allocated areas.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations, including the Public Health Policy.
- Identify areas of improvement and develop and train staff, continually striving to improve passenger satisfaction scores and providing a consistent passenger dining experience.
- Ensure adequate resourcing of teams, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide support to Sous Chefs to guide, motivate and direct their respective teams.
- Monitor and manage food costs and resources effectively, ensuring the daily passenger and crew food allocation is met.
- Achieve CSQ targets and work proactively towards increasing scores by ensuring a strong team ethos of attention to detail.
- Effectively resolve passenger issues or complaints in the correct manner relating to the department.
- Liaise with Celebrity Guest Chefs, working with them to ensure understanding of the individual concept and specific standards to be maintained by the team.
- Monitor and review food orders placed taking into account consumption history and storing schedules. Authorise the requisition of food orders at the
- required level and identify slow moving food items.
- Effectively manage the volumes of provisions ordered and stock rotation of fresh produce.
- Ensure all areas and equipment are operated and maintained in a sanitised and clean state at all times, undertaking regular inspections and implementing effective cleaning schedules.
Experience / Qualifications
- City & Guilds 7061/2 or equivalent recognised hotel / culinary diploma / qualification
- NVQ I or II Food Production / Preparation qualification or equivalent
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
- Experience of working within a 4 / 5 star volume hotel or restaurant establishment preferred
- Awareness of budgets and food wastage gained within a corporate environment
- Competent IT skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.