Overall responsibility for the food production department and back of house team (where applicable). Ensure an effective, smooth and financially sound operation, enhancing the passenger experience, following the galley operations policies and procedures.
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Manage, monitor, develop and train members of the team to ensure all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations, including the Public Health Policy.
- Ensure vocational training plans are designed and implemented to develop the culinary skills of the team. Encourage healthy eating to the ship’s company, by providing nutritional and healthy food options.
- Ensure the necessary daily food requirements are met and maintained for all passengers and ship’s company in line with the corporate menu cycles.
- Monitor and manage food costs and resources effectively, ensuring the daily passenger and crew food allocation rate is met.
Maintain and improve standards to provide total passenger satisfaction, ensuring they meet the high standards required, including appearance, quality and temperature.
- Effectively resolve passenger issues or complaints in relation to the department. Identify areas of improvement and develop and train staff, continually striving to improve passenger satisfaction scores.
- Liaise with external visitors such as Public Health personnel during the course of their visit to the ship. Liaise with Celebrity Guest Chefs, working with them to ensure understanding of the individual concept and specific standards to be maintained by the team.
- Work collaboratively with the Hotel Stores Manager regarding the requisition of food orders and the identification of slow moving food items to facilitate effective stock turnover.
- Effectively manage the volumes of provisions ordered and stock rotation of fresh produce.
- Undertake and oversee cookery demonstrations for the passengers and attend company sponsored social events as and when required.
- Experience of working onboard within a Cruise Ship environment is essential
- City & Guilds 706 1 & 2 or equivalent recognised hotel / culinary diploma / qualification
- Proven experience of budgets and financial management within corporate environment
- Managerial Experience
Tax free earnings available after completing 183 days at sea
All flight and hotel travel covered
Free food and accommodation
Extended vacation stay available
Carnival Pension Scheme
4/2 or 6/2 contract length and pattern
Seeing the world and exploring beautiful destinations
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.