P&O Cruises - Executive Chef
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join P&O Cruises as an Executive Chef. Responsible for all of the food production department and back of house team it will be your job to ensure the effective, smooth and financially sound operation across all of our food outlets on board. Join our fantastic and talented Galley Team and you will discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It is a way of life.
Are you someone who is organised and can adapt the operation to match the weather? Do you keep your composure under pressure when leading your team to serve breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late night buffets 365 days of the year? Are you energetic to ensure your teams are kept motivates and are able to find practical solutions to every day challenges? Do you lead your team to provide the smoothest service and the highest quality meals? Are you someone who is reliable and able to support the team to deliver quality cuisine?
The key responsibilities of our Executive Chef include:
- Managing, monitoring, developing and training members of the team to ensure all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all our Policies and regulations.
- Monitoring and managing food costs and resources effectively, ensuring the daily passenger and crew food allocation rate is met.
- Designing and implementing vocational training plans to develop the culinary skills of the team and by encouraging healthy eating to the ship’s company, by providing nutritional and healthy food options.
- Liaising with external visitors such as Public Health personnel during the course of their visit to the ship.
- Liaise with Celebrity Guest Chefs, working with them to ensure understanding of the individual concept and specific standards to be maintained by the team.
- Working collaboratively with the Hotel Stores Manager regarding the requisition of food orders and the identification of slow moving food items to facilitate effective stock turnover.
- Undertaking and overseeing cookery demonstrations for the passengers and attend company sponsored social events as and when required.
P&O Cruises require the following experience:
- Proven experience of budgets and financial management within corporate environment.
- Extensive managerial experience within large galley/kitchen teams
- Galley cruise ship experience is essential
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of P&O Cruises’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.