An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deck Housekeeper to join our team onboard our luxurious cruise brand, Cunard. As Deck Housekeeper you will be responsible for managing a team of up to 25 housekeeping staff, and your team will be responsible for managing the housekeeping and presentation of passenger, officer and crew public areas. Join us and you will discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It is a way of life.
Are you a thoughtful communicator who is able to effectively lead and motivate a team? Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service? Do you strive to meet and exceed targets? Can you remain calm and composed in ever changing environment and situations? Do you take pride in all you do?
The key responsibilities of a Deck Housekeeper onboard our Cunard ships include:
- Carrying out cabin checks, ensuring the cleaning standards are at the highest level.
- Resolving issues or complaints in relation to public and crew areas.
- Ensuring the necessary rotas and work schedules are in place to meet the required level of service.
- Monitor and managing resources effectively, ensuring cleaning products and equipment are available when needed.
- Completing regular audit checks within the department and identify any fixtures or fittings in need of repair.
- Undertaking regular inspections, you will identify areas of training and development for your team
- Supervising the loading and offloading of passenger baggage
If this sounds like you, and you have the following experience, then we would love to hear from you:
- Significant experience in a housekeeping management role in a four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line
- Work well under pressure, continually strive to improve passenger satisfaction scores and effectively resolve issues or complaints
- Working knowledge of cleaning procedures and equipment, chemical handling and public health standards.
- Good command of written and spoken English
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of Carnival UK’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture, difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
We are currently recruiting for our Talent Pools to fill anticipated roles in 2019 and beyond. Please note that throughout the Recruitment & On boarding process you may not be advised of a start date. If you are successful, sufficient notice will be provided when we have a ship and start date for you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.