Ship Service Engineer / Cruise vessel
We are currently recruiting for experienced SHIPS SERVICE ENGINEER ( Hotel Engineer ) for New Build cruise vessel
Start date = ASAP
Salary = USD/per annum - to be discussed upon interview
Contract = Permanent = 3 months on/off
Licence / Qualification requirements:Desired - Chief Engineer Unlimited
Line Manager; Chief Engineer
Direct Reports: Chief Carpenter, Carpenters, Plumber, Deck Repairman
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Technical Department Responsibility 9 - Water Chlorination Systems
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair, maintenance and operation of the ship's water chlorination systems.
Technical Department Responsibility 10 - Deck Machinery
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of deck machinery (deck machinery includes but is not limited to: cranes, gangways, davits, winches, windlasses, ramps, tender pontoons and similar).
Technical Department Responsibility 11 - Lifeboat And Tender Engines And Winches
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the lifeboat and tender engines and winches.
Technical Department Responsibility 13a - Air Conditioning
- The safe and efficient repair, maintenance and operation of all machinery outside the main and auxiliary engine room spaces (e.g. all mechanical hotel equipment and services, plumbing, etc.).
- The day to day discipline and control of those personnel assigned to him for hotel maintenance.
Technical Department Responsibility 14 - Swimming Pool Systems
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the swimming pool systems.
Technical Department Responsibility 17 - Garbage/Waste Management Equipment (Except Incinerator)
- The safe and efficient repair and maintenance of garbage/waste management equipment (including but not limited to: incinerator, garbage processing equipment (compactor, crusher, pulper, shredder etc.), sewage or other wastewaters treatment plant, oily water separator and oil content meter etc.).
- Advising the Chief Engineer and the Officer assigned onboard with Environmental Operations Duties (per DDR 15) if any of the above equipment has become defective and unable to be repaired.
- The day to day discipline and control of those personnel assigned for operation of garbage processing equipment (garbage/incinerator equipment operators).
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist Staff Captain with Deck Department Responsibility 14 - Water Treatment Monitoring
Responsibility for monitoring and recording the treatment of potable, service and swimming pool water and, where this treatment is not of an acceptable standard, the initiating corrective action.
- Watertight Door System hydraulics.
- High fog system machinery and distribution in non-machinery spaces.
- Convention valves.
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Coach and train Junior Officers.
- Prepare appraisals for 'Direct Reports' in accordance with V.Ships and Saga policy.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.
- Housekeeping Jobs (14)
- Galley Jobs (29)
- Restaurant Jobs (12)
- Beverages Jobs (8)
- Provisions Jobs (5)
- Deck Jobs (17)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (28)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (5)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (19)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (7)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (11)
- Medical Jobs (14)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (0)
- Administration Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (2)
- Other Cruise Jobs (3)
- Private Estate Jobs (1)