Housekeeping Supervisor (Cruise) - Worldwide
I am looking for Housekeeping Supervisors for 2 large Cruise Lines. Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing assigned areas, public spaces, crew areas and pool areas day and night.
- Works with the Housekeeping Manager/Director to coordinate, schedule, and supervise the cleaning activities.
- All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards. In accordance with the Company's Service and Etiquette Philosophy program, each employee shall conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees, in the presence of guests or in crewmember areas.
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Housekeeping Manager/Director) the performance of all direct reports.
- Manages the assignment of duties, responsibilities and workstations to his/her staff. Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met.
- Presents any overtime needs to Housekeeping Manager/Director for a final approval.
- Collaborates with the Housekeeping Manager/Director, to review the requirements of the day’s schedule.
- Will host a daily pre-shift meet with direct reports to review the upcoming day, any changes and/or revisions to programming based on itinerary, and weather conditions.
- On luggage day,is responsible for the off-loading and loading of the guest luggage.
- Is responsible for checking public area/crew area bathrooms, all guest and crew areas, and all stairs and landings, Poll area and Open deck spaces.
- Will be responsible for auditing crew time cards as well as entering the information in the computer.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Is responsible for conducting daily inspections in the areas assigned.
- Is responsible for filling out performance evaluations.
- Responds to guest concerns in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing empathy and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew with inquiries.
- Responsible for Sanitation Logs, SQM Logs.
- Achieving ratings/targets that are set by the company.
- Perform inventories of linen, amenities etc. once a month or as often as needed.
- Conduct /oversee on-the-job trainings with new hire SA and DKAT/SAT/ESAT/CCL on cross training.
- Responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
- Creates and submits requisitions, views requisition estimates for product replacements, supplies, purchases, etc. and forwards to the Housekeeping Director for final approval.
- Conducts constant workstations/locker inspection to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize deterioration and waste
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Strong experience in a guest facing service role within a luxury environment
- Confident, well-presented with a warm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English, understand written procedures and able to present information and respond to guests, supervisors, and co-workers
- French, German, or Spanish language skills will be advantageous
- Travel to and from the ship to home arranged and paid for by the company
- Competitive salary offered
- All crew meal provided onboard
- Chance to travel the world
If you have the required experience then apply today.
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
- Housekeeping Jobs (55)
- Galley Jobs (125)
- Restaurant Jobs (47)
- Beverages Jobs (36)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (33)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (49)
- Guest Services Jobs (43)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (28)
- Child Care Jobs (8)
- Entertainment Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (15)
- Medical Jobs (36)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (5)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (21)
- Administration Jobs (34)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (8)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)