Junior Cruise Staff (Medical Escort)
The Junior Cruise Staff (Medical Escort) form part of the Entertainment department and are responsible for delivering an exceptional entertainment product to our Guests by being polite, friendly and enthusiastic at all times. This role also includes being a medical escort as and when required for our Guests and Crew Members and where required lands ashore with any required medical cases ensuring support is provided.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends and hosts events as directed.
- As a highly visible guest point of contact, you will be aware of the daily programme and well informed regarding every aspect of ship facilities and procedures, able to answer passenger queries in situ, taking pressure away from Reception.
- Participates with tour dispatches with the Explore Ashore Team.
- Engages with Guests daily and makes them feel comfortable onboard.
- Encourages our Guests to go outside and have some fresh air (weather permitting) which will also give the Guests some light exercise.
- Assists with gangway duties, ushering and room service as and when required.
- If there is an unplanned debark of a Guest or Crew Member, you will debark with them without hesitation and assist as required which may require a few days in port or travelling with them home.
- If you are debarked from the ship, you will need to provide regular updates with ship & shore and possibly communication with family members / port agent.
- You will need to have a solid working knowledge of the Company Outbreak Protection and Response Plan (OPRP).
- If there is an outbreak onboard such as Norovirus / Covid-19 you will assist with ensuring all policies and procedures are implemented and followed. This will include encouraging and advising guests to comply with any particular process such as the Company’s social distancing policy or hand gel application.
- Assists as necessary in maintaining the Library.
- Consistently demonstrates courteous and considerate behaviours to all guests.
- You will need to be very flexible in this role as it will be changeable depending on the ship’s requirements.
- Attends passenger functions as required by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensure the ‘Saga Way’ is delivered each and every day.
- Previous experience as Cruise Staff/Cruise Host/Social Host/ess onboard a Cruise Ship.
- Proven people skills along with conflict resolution, counselling, mediating and motivational skills.
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (108)
- Galley Jobs (220)
- Restaurant Jobs (73)
- Beverages Jobs (62)
- Provisions Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (96)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (132)
- Guest Services Jobs (64)
- Retail Jobs (29)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (40)
- Child Care Jobs (7)
- Entertainment Jobs (99)
- Photography Jobs (6)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (21)
- Medical Jobs (38)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (16)
- Casino Jobs (3)
- IT Jobs (16)
- Management Jobs (43)
- Administration Jobs (49)
- Land Based Jobs (10)
- Other Cruise Jobs (14)
- Private Estate Jobs (9)