Chef De Partie - Butcher
Ensures the smooth and efficient operation and control of the Butcher Shop and production on a day-to-day basis according to the company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises, and evaluates (in conjunction with the Sous Chef) the performance of all direct reports.
- Responsible for the thawing, butchering, and preparation of all the meat and poultry to be used in the daily menus.
- Must have a complete knowledge of the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations and ensure that they are followed daily
- Ensures the cleaning of the Butcher Shop and thawing rooms as per the Executive Chef’s schedule, exercising proper methods to minimize equipment damages.
- Ensures that the Butcher Shop and thawing rooms are ready for any announced or unannounced USPH inspections done either by the ship’s management or USPH inspectors.
- Duties include the storing of the received meats and poultry into the freezers on loading days.
- Responsible for the requisition and transportation of the necessary items from the freezers to the thawing rooms as per the Executive Chef’s thawing schedule.
- Ensures that product yields and portions are according to the Butcher Manual provided by the corporate office and that all the resulting trimmings are properly used or disposed of.
- Completes all the Daily Butcher Recaps as required by the Executive Chef. Assists the Provision Master with inventory taking of all meat and poultry storage rooms as required by the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Ensures that Butcher Shop personnel come to work on time, and are in proper, well-maintained uniforms, with special attention to those working in public areas. Personal appearance and hygiene must be according to company policy.
- Must be present in an early standby each time the ship is subject to a USPH inspection.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!