Chef De Partie - Pastry
Assists the Sous Chef/Pastry Chef in the supervision of assigned Pastry personnel and ensures that company policies are followed accordingly.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises, and evaluates (in conjunction with the Pastry Chef) the performance of all direct reports.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality and consistency in taste according to recipes and photos provided by the corporate office.
- Sets up the pastries display in all the buffets and teatime.
- Ensures that Menus, Recipes, Guidelines & Methods provided by the Pastry Chef are followed accordingly.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with USPH and Company Regulations.
- Must be able to work in any section of the Pastry Department and demonstrate methods and recipes to his / her subordinates.
- Produces and maintains the expected level of food quality in his / her area of responsibility as per the Pastry Chef instructions.
- Analyze constantly recipes and the ongoing food productions for any possible improvements.
- Submit the daily food requisition to the Pastry Chef.
- Ensure that recipe reviews are conducted, corrected if needed and communicated to the Pastry Chef.
- Ensure that the pastry and adjacent areas are ready for any announced and/or unannounced inspection, done either by the Ships’ Management or local authorities (public health inspectors).
- Ensures that the HACCP program is applied accordingly.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!