Front Desk Manager
The Front Desk Manager continually strives to exceed hospitality industry standards, while ensuring complete guest and team satisfaction. This role establishes and drives a positive working environment and focuses on operational goals where training, leadership, development, and recognizing overall team performance are paramount. Leading by example and from the front of the house, the Front Desk Manager is a ship's driving advocate for delivering outstanding Customer Service.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Minimum one year front of house supervisory experience in a hotel, cruise line or hospitality industry related field required.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of discretion, patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exemplary customer and personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement of quality service standards.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with managers, shipboard and shore-side employees to resolve problems and negotiate amicable resolution to challenging issues.
- Flexibility to manage, focus, direct and encourage a positive, dynamic, diverse guest services operation by navigating through a changing work environment. Should be able to utilize and administer the progressive disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance where possible.
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes for the Guest Services division operation.
- Should harbor a flexible outlook towards placement throughout the fleet, considering changing fleet-wide operational business needs.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge to operate all office equipment.
- Completion of high school, basic or vocational education equivalency preferred.
- Working knowledge of US cash handling procedures and foreign exchange required.
- Required to speak English clearly and distinctly.
- Aptitude to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian or Portuguese preferred but not essential.
How to apply?
Apply thru https://rclctrac.com/pages/description/175/no or click 'APPLY' from this post and upload your photo and updated resume.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!