Chef De Partie - 2nd Cook (Hot Kitchen)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee always conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
• Directs, coaches, supports, supervises, and evaluates (in conjunction with the Sous Chef) the performance of all direct reports.
• Responsible for the requisition, transportation, and proper storage of the necessary items from the storeroom to the crew galley.
• Responsible for the food cost of the crew galley, ensuring that it falls within the ship’s budget.
• Ensures that the entire menu is available during the entire opening hours of the crew mess.
• Communicates daily with the Executive Chef, Chef or Sous Chef to forecast production, menu changes or additions. Keeps them informed of any problems or daily needs.
• Must have a complete knowledge of the United States Public Health rules and regulations and ensure that they are followed daily.
• Ensures the cleaning of the crew galley and equipment as per the Executive Chef’s schedule, exercising proper methods to minimize equipment damages.
• Maintains assigned area in preparation for announced or unannounced United States Public Health type inspection either done by the Food Manager or the actual inspectors.
• Ensures that his/her staff reports to work on time, and that personal appearance, uniforms and personal hygiene are in accordance with the company’s rules and regulations.
• Must be present in an early standby each time the ship is subject to a USPH inspection.
• Has a thorough understanding of Time and Attendance procedures, shipboard training, and is familiar with the contracts and work schedule hours/week and supporting documentation.
• Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
• Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
• Performs related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum of 3-5 years (CDP) experience or same level and role in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship, or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience is an advantage)
Good English communication skills (oral and written)
Willing to work onboard for at least 6 months
Has a valid passport copy
Willing to undergo the training required by the maritime institute.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!